Friday, November 26, 2010

Letters For Santa {DISCOUNT}

Before Santa arrives this year, I'm going to have to do a purge of Gabrielle and Alaina's toys.  They have so many and some they've outgrown, and while we'll give most of them away to kids who need them, it kind of breaks my heart how many of them will get tossed.  So I decided I wanted to try to buy them some gifts this holiday season that they'd be able to use now and keep forever.  Something that maybe they'd pass down to their kids.  And no, Dance Party Mickey doesn't count.

I knew I'd found exactly what I was looking for when I came across Drawn to Letters.  In addition to making fabulous Nursery Rhyme prints (I love this one!):

And sweet Personalized Art Prints:


Joanne, the lady behind the letters, also makes these wonderful Cloth Alphabet Books.


Each one spells out the child's name and is hand-sewn.


Joanne has illustrated each and every letter herself and then prints them onto fabric, and the last page has a special message just for the child the book is for.


Since Gabrielle and Alaina are obsessed with all things letters, I knew I had to order two of the Drawn to Letters books for them.  They came packaged in these darling boxes.


And when I opened them up, I gasped.  Yes, they were that adorable!


The books are 5.5 inches square and have a velcro closure so they're perfect for little hands and each page features a different illustration:



And the whole book also folds out flat so kids can look at the whole thing at once.



I had the dedication pages include "Merry Christmas" and the year so the girls will always know when they received them.



And best of all, they're washable!

Someday, when Gabrielle and Alaina are older and don't use their Drawn to Letters books anymore, I may pack them away or frame them to hang in their rooms, so they can share them with their children too.  Now that's a gift that keeps on giving, which is why the Cloth Alphabet Books are one of our HOLIDAY GIFT PICKS.


I don't have any pictures of the girls playing with their books because they'll wrapped until the tree on Christmas Day but I can tell you from handling them personally that the quality is first rate.  They're soft and flexible and I know Gabrielle and Alaina will enjoy folding and unfolding their books while naming the letters.  And to me, a personal gift like this is so much more special than this season's "hot toy."  But guess what?  In honor of "Black Friday," Joanne has generously offered a discount exclusively to AFOMFT readers!


Get 20% off your purchase from Drawn to Letters today, Friday, November 26th through Sunday, November 28th by entering code AFOMFT when you check out.  Happy shopping!

Images: AFOMFT & Drawn to Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment