Gabrielle and Alaina love "touch" books, like Matthew Van Fleet's board books. Their current picks are Cats, which has lots of soft tails to stroke and other fun interactive pieces to pull and push.
And Tails, which is very similar but also has scratch and sniff spots!
They're kind of stir crazy at this age but there are a few books they'll sit and listen to me read to them, like Giraffes Can't Dance by Gilles Andrae.
And The Sneetches by Dr. Seuss.
The two newest additions to our repertoire are The Boy Who Wouldn't Share which is written by Mike Reiss, a former writer for The Simpsons.
It's the story of Edward, who won't share his toys and ends up stuck in a pile of them after he tries to keep them all for himself. The illustrations are really entertaining and I like the message of the book a lot.
And then there's Push Button by Aliki.
My girls love to push any buttons they find, so this book about different buttons and the noises they make when you push them is perfect for them. I also love the bright illustrations - they really pop off the page.
Check out some of these fun titles the next time you're at the library or the bookstore and I hope your little ones enjoy them as much as mine do!
AFOMFT is giving away two titles from Gabrielle and Alaina's favorite books, The Boy Who Wouldn't Share and Push Buttons, to two lucky readers. To enter, post a comment here telling me what your children's favorite books are right now (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry (two if you've blogged about the giveaway) and make sure to include a link to your tweet, blog post, etc. All entries must be posted on AFOMFT as a direct comment to this post. Comments on Facebook will not count as entries. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada and ends August 5th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and announced on AFOMFT on August 6th. If the winner doesn't contact AFOMFT within 48 hours, a new drawing will be held so be sure to check back to see if you've won!
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook -- http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN
- Ask your friends to "like" AFOMFT on Facebook by sending them this link - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN - and post a comment here with the names of each one who does. You'll earn one entry per new friend who "likes" our page and names will be cross-checked.
- Follow AFOMFT on Twitter (@AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: #Win two terrific children's books @AFOMFT - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did - . You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog about AFOMFT or this giveaway (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and post a link to the post.