Saturday, May 15, 2010

Thanks to Calvary we are not the same person any more

 This beautiful picture is taken by one of my friends in Saipan.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by! Thank God that tomorrow is the Lord's Day. I love the Lord's Day and the joy to worship God, sing the Psalms, fellowship and serve our Lord together with His people.

On Saturdays as I prepare for the Lord's day, I love to listen to Psalms and Christian Songs that reminds me of our Lord, His love and His care for us.

I just heard the following few lovely songs and videos on George Younce. I love to hear the Gaithers and their songs. I especially enjoyed George Younce's singing with his unique bass voice and sense of humour.

George was respected and loved by so many people. His smooth bass voice, energetic personality and brilliant sense of humor could bring a smile to any face. His personal warmth and his genuine affection for people made an indelible impression on anyone with whom he came in contact.

Here are some videos In remembrance of George Younce (22 February 1930 - 11 April 2005)

This is a very beautiful song Thanks to Calvary.  

Thank God that we are not the same person any more because of our Lord Jesus Christ's death at Calvary and His resurrection, and the forgiveness of sins He has given to us and a new life in Him!
Thanks To Calvary Lyrics
George Younce

Today, I went down to the place where I used to go
Today, I saw the same old crowd I knew before
And when they asked me what had happened, I tried to tell them,
Thanks to Calvary, I don't come here anymore.

Thanks to Calvary I am not the man (dad) I used to be
Thanks to Calvary things are different than before.
And as the tears ran down my face I tried to tell them (him)(her),
Thanks to Calvary, I don't come (live) here anymore.

Then we went down to the house where we used to live,
My little boy (girl) ran behind the door, like so many times before;
And I said "Son (Honey) you don't need to be afraid, you've got a new Daddy now,
(And I said, "Son (Honey) never fear, you've got a new Mommy here,)
Thanks to Calvary we don't live here anymore.

Thanks to Calvary I am not the man (dad) I used to be
Thanks to Calvary things are different than before.
And as the tears ran down my face I tried to tell them (him)(her),
Thanks to Calvary, I don't come (live) here anymore.

Thanks to Calvary I am not the man (dad) I used to be
Thanks to Calvary things are different than before.
And as the tears ran down my face I tried to tell them (him)(her),
Thanks to Calvary, I don't come (live) here anymore.

Click here to watch the above video.

The following a very joyful and memorable video of George Younce's Final Appearance Part 1 (2004) before he went home to be with the Lord on 11 April 2005 at the age of 75. 

I love this video! Every time I watch it, it brings smiles and laughter to me :) It reminds me of what the joy of the Lord can do to a man, irrespective of his condition. George suffered from diabetes and was on kidney dialysis but he has such a cheerful disposition and always brings joy to others. May God enable us too to be able to rejoice in Him always no matter what we go through for we have a blessed new life in Him and eternal inheritance in Heaven. May the joy of the Lord be your strength too!

Click here to watch this video : (Please turn your volume lower as this video is rather loud)

Here are more resources on George Younce:

1) Read a touching report on George's Funeral.

Gloria Gaither commented on George describing him as timeless full of Laughter, Love of People, and Love of Music.

Bill Gaither spoke much about what a "giver" George was, comparing him to Barnabas as the master encourager. He told about George being an "Old Friend" to him, and how George would buy him new shoes and mail him new tennis shoes in the mail.

George's pastor expounded on his generosity, and his unselfishness.

2) Read a touching account and comments from fans on Remembering George Younce.

3) To read more about George Younce visit George Younce Online


For more of Then Sings My Soul Saturday visit Amy.

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a weekend and Lord's day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie  


No comments:

Post a Comment