Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hitting the absolute ultimate jackpot in regards to riches and blessings

Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by!

I just heard this video on tribute to George Young, one of the Gaithers Homecoming singers who has passed on. Towards the end of the video, he said that he has hit the absolute ultimate jackpot in regards to riches and blessings because of the paths our Jesus Christ is leading him.

This reminded me that recently, a very good friend in the Lord wrote to me too and shared that we need to know the fact that we have hit the absolute ultimate jackpot in regards to riches and blessings because of Jesus Christ.

Indeed we are rich and most blessed in Christ no matter what our circumstances is in this life may be. We may be in poverty materially but we have a crown in heaven, a mansion up above and someday we will walk the street of gold in paradise.

John 14:1-3
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

2 Corinthians 5:1
For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 

We may be suffering much trials and afflictions, losses and pains, loneliness and  but one day our Lord shall wipe away all our tears and we shall forever enjoy His love and rejoice in Him always. This is my comfort in my struggles in life and especially when I struggle with the extreme highs and lows of bipolar disorder. The awful and painful experiences with depression especially has caused me to appreciate God's love for me and makes me long to be with Him to enjoy His love and worship Him without hindrance. I thank God for this blessed hope that I may look forward to one day.
Isaiah 25:8
He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces;...


Psalm 30:5
...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
I read this very encouraging devotional from Charles H Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, Morning, 14 May, and was reminded of the blessedness that God has bestowed upon us in making us joint heirs with Christ.
"Joint heirs with Christ.” Romans 8:17

The boundless realms of his Father’s universe are Christ’s by prescriptive right. As “heir of all things,” he is the sole proprietor of the vast creation of God, and he has admitted us to claim the whole as ours, by virtue of that deed of joint-heirship which the Lord hath ratified with his chosen people.

The golden streets of paradise, the pearly gates, the river of life, the transcendent bliss, and the unutterable glory, are, by our blessed Lord, made over to us for our everlasting possession. All that he has he shares with his people.

The crown royal he has placed upon the head of his Church, appointing her a kingdom, and calling her sons a royal priesthood, a generation of priests and kings. He uncrowned himself that we might have a coronation of glory; he would not sit upon his own throne until he had procured a place upon it for all who overcome by his blood. Crown the head and the whole body shares the honour.

Behold here the reward of every Christian conqueror! Christ’s throne, crown, sceptre, palace, treasure, robes, heritage, are yours.

Far superior to the jealousy, selfishness, and greed, which admit of no participation of their advantages, Christ deems his happiness completed by his people sharing it.

“The glory which thou gavest me have I given them.”

“These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.”

The smiles of his Father are all the sweeter to him, because his people share them. The honours of his kingdom are more pleasing, because his people appear with him in glory.
More valuable to him are his conquests, since they have taught his people to overcome. He delights in his throne, because on it there is a place for them. He rejoices in his royal robes, since over them his skirts are spread. He delights the more in his joy, because he calls them to enter into it.

Click here to see the video on tribute to George Young in which he sings many beautiful songs and mentioned towards the end that he has hit the absolute ultimate jackpot in regards to riches and blessings because of the paths our Jesus Christ is leading him.

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a weekend and Lord's day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment