Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Should you go first : Beyond the Sunset - Blessed hope of meeting our loved ones again

Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by!

Thank God for seeing us through another week. It's so good to be reminded on every Thursday to count my blessings and remember to give thanks and praise to God.

♥ I thank God for giving me the joy of ministering to an elderly lady, TAM, who is 83 years old. She has been attending my church's evening services whenever she can. She has severe heart failure and may go any time. Some sisters-in-Christ and myself have been visiting her and sharing God's Words and love with her. On Monday, we took her to the hospital for a review on her heart failure and thank God that her condition is stable at the moment. She has been having some relationship problems with her children who do not know the Lord and do not care for her as much as they should. Thank God that recently she is beginning to be more sensible of the Lord's goodness to her and able to see that the Lord is extending His kindness through us to her whereas her own children do not care as much for her. She consciously say "thank the Lord" every now and then. She told my friends and I "thank the Lord for sisters like all of you who are here to help me" :) Thank God. Please pray with me for her genuine conversion. May God continue to do a deeper work of grace in her soul and grant that she may genuinely know His saving grace and find rest and comfort in Him, if she belongs to Him.

♥ Recently, I also have the joy to visit another elderly lady, LH, who is 90 years old. She too attends my church's evening service whenever she can. Sadly, her children and grandchildren too do not care very much for her and she lives alone. She has been unwell on and off and still having bad skin allergy problems on her leg and also experiencing leg pain. She related to my friend and I that recently she was unwell with several ailments and in order to save on medical expenses, she did some self-medicating. She was so thankful that our Lord restored her through these means. She beamed with  joy as she related to us what has happened and she mentioned that "thank the Lord after that I recovered". Please pray that these trials relating to her health and her other needs may continue to turn her to our Lord and she too may come to a true saving knowledge of our Lord in His time, if she belongs to Him.

♥ As I ministered to these 2 elderly lady, I realized that with their age and many illnesses, the Lord may take them home anytime. They are very dear to me and my friends. They are like our grandmothers and we love to spend time with them. It is sad that their own children and grandchildren do not take care of them. But we thank God that through these painful trials the Lord has shown them His great mercies, and they have been led to attend church and hear the Gospel. I will surely be sad should the Lord take them away one day but I am reminded of the blessed hope that believers in Christ has that one day we shall meet the Lord and our loved ones who belong to Him in Heaven. What a blessed hope.

1 Thessalonians 4
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

♥ Here is a very lovely poem "Should you go first" and the song "Beyond the sunset" with this poem in it being narrated by George Younce. When the Lord takes our loved ones home first, be it our husband, wife, father, mother, children or friends, we have the blessed hope of meeting them once again in Heaven where there will be no parting anymore if they too belong to the Lord. May we continue to labour much in prayers and sharing God's Words and love with them if they still do not know our Lord as their Lord and Saviour.

Beyond the sunset Lyrics

Beyond the sunset oh blissful morning
When with our Saviour heaven is begun
Earth stroll is ending oh glorious dawning
Beyond the sunset when day is done

Poem "Should you go first" (narration)

Should you go first and I remain to walk the road alone
I'll live in memory's garden, dear, with happy days we've known
In spring I'll watch for roses red when fades of lilac's blue
In early fall when the brown leaves call I'll catch a glimpse of you

Should you go first and I remain to finish with the scroll
No lenghtening shadows shall creep in to make this life seem droll
We've known so much of happiness yes we've had our cup of joy
But memory is one gift of God that death cannot destroy

Should you go first and I remain for battles to be fought
Each thing you’ve touched along the way will be a hallowed spot
I’ll hear your voice I’ll see your smile
And though blindly I may grope
The memory of your helping hand will buoy me on with hope

Should you go first and I remain one thing I’ll have you do
Walk slowly down that long, long path for soon I’ll follow you
And I want to know each step you take that I may walk the same
For some day, some day down that lonely road, dear
You’ll hear me call your name

Beyond the sunset oh glad reunion
With our dear loved ones who've gone before
In that fair homeland we'll know no parting
Beyond the sunset for evermore
(For evermore)




Here is another video showing George Younce narrating this Poem "Should you go first".




♥ I thank God for my family, my church, my friends and everyone of you, my dear blogging friends, and for your prayers and encouragements. They mean a lot to me.You have made a great difference in my life by your friendship and encouragements. I thank God for every one of you. May God may your visit here a blessed one too!

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment