I have a thing for bags. You could call it an obsession but that sounds so.... I don't know, sinister. It's more like a love affair, and I have to admit, I have a new crush on Tamara Handbags.
Tamara, the lovely lady behind the designs, and I went to college together and in 2003, she started her own line of handbags and accessories. Since then, her bags have been seen on celebrities including Britney Spears and featured in magazines like Lucky and Us. All of her pieces are named after her friends so I get excited when there's one titled for someone I know, like the Aria (who was my roommate junior year). There's even a Danielle laptop bag.
You can shop Tamara Handbags by style or fabric. My personal favorite? The Luisa clutch in brown multi-color. It's perfect for summer.
I also love the leather trim on the Carly style.
And the Ashley.
If you want a small bag but can't live without a strap, check out the adorable Mandy wristlet.
Or put clip the straps on opposite sides of the bag so you can wear it over your shoulder. It's like having two bags in one!
Another style I have my eye on is the Amy Triple Zip Satchel in brown paisley. This design has three different compartments for so you can tote everything you need and keep it organized. I can totally see this becoming my go-to bag!
And if you're looking for something more classic, the Andrea Satchel in batik paisley will get you through all four seasons in style.
Before I had Gabrielle and Alaina, I never carried big bags, but now that I'm dragging blankets and sippy cups wherever we go, small ones don't make the cut anymore. The Anya tote is just the right size for all the girls' stuff and the pink paisley fabric keeps it from being boring.
Tamara is the mom of an 18 month old so she knows very well what makes a great baby bag. Her diaper bag designs, like the rest of her line, are functional but stylish at the same time. I love that the Leila comes in a subtle polka dot pattern so dads can't object to carrying it, but the changing pad is a fun red paisley that gives the bag a little sass.
And the Leah baby messenger is great because it can be carried three ways - over the shoulder, across your chest or hung off your stroller.
It comes in two patterns and has a coordinating changing pad, hot pink lining and more pockets than you'll know what to do with!
I can personally vouch for the quality and timelessness of Tamara's line. I bought one of her satchels and a matching cosmetic bag five years ago and I still carry them to this day. That's more than I can say for a lot of the bags I've bought!
Tamara Handbags are sold in stores throughout the country and you can also order them online. If you live in the Boston area, be sure to check out the events section of her website to find shows and shopping events featuring Tamara's line. You can also get information on how to throw your own Tamara Handbag party and get a complimentary bag for hosting! But choosing just one may be impossible. Trust me. My cart currently holds five of them.
Think you can choose just one of Tamara's bags? You're in luck because she has generously offered to give a $50 gift certificate to one lucky AFOMFT reader! To enter, visit Tamara Handbags and post a comment here telling me what you'll put the $50 credit toward if you win (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
Images: Tamara Handbags
Please leave a separate comment for each entry (two if you've blogged about the giveaway) and make sure to include a link to your tweet, blog post, etc. All entries must be posted on AFOMFT as a direct comment to this post. Comments on Facebook will not count as entries. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada and ends May 28th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and announced on AFOMFT on May 31st. If the winner doesn't contact AFOMFT within 48 hours, a new drawing will be held so be sure to check back to see if you've won!
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook -- http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN
- "Like" Tamara Handbags on Facebook -- http://tinyurl.com/TamaraHandbags
- Ask your friends to "like" AFOMFT on Facebook by sending them this link - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN - and post a comment here with the names of each one who does. You'll earn one entry per new friend who "likes" our page and names will be cross-checked.
- Follow Tamara Handbags & AFOMFT on Twitter (@tamarahandbags & @AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: Need a new bag for summer? Win a $50 gift certificate to @tamarahandbags from @AFOMFT - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did - . You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog about AFOMFT or this giveaway (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and post a link to the post.
Images: Tamara Handbags