Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On Eagle's Wings : They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength Isaiah 40:31

This is a card that I have collected many years ago.

Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by!

Thank God for seeing us through another week. It's so good to be reminded on every Thursday to count my blessings and remember to give thanks and praise to God. It is also encouraging to visit you and other friends who are doing Thankful Thursday and to read of the many wonderful ways God has blessed each one. All praise and glory be to God!

♥ I am thankful to God for providing a good Doctor for me to follow-up on me regularly on my managing of Bipolar Disorder. I just went for my review with my Doctor yesterday and everything is okay. I am to continue with my current medicine and see her in 3 months time.

♥ I am thankful to God for giving me the grace to walk with Him daily and to find joy, strength, grace and peace each day. With Bipolar Disorder I do experience great fluctuations in my mood from day to day as I manage the different challenges in my life. One day I can be up and fill with the joy of the Lord and face the day with enthusiasm. But sometimes the next day I have difficulty waking up, feeling so extremely exhausted, heavy heart to face the day and not knowing how I am going to survive that day. At such times, I have to strive to put my complete trust in God and wait patiently for Him to strengthen me and uplift me. Thank God that His mercies are new every morning! He is the One holding tightly to me and strengthening me day by day no matter how my mood is or what I am going through. What a mercy to have such a loving Heavenly Father and Lord Jesus Christ to take care of me daily. I am learning to be contented in Him and resting in Him no matter what I go through, whether it be on the mountaintop or low valley. He is there with me.

♥  Thank God for His promise that as we wait upon our Lord, He will renew our strength and enable us to rise up again to walk with Him.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

♥ Thank God for His promise too that as we abide in Him and dwell in His presence, no evil will befall us. He will deliver us in our difficult time and work all things for our good. It is difficult at times during severe afflictions and trials to rest in this precious promise, yet it is healing to do so because God is faithful and He keeps His promises. He is a Covenant Keeping God. Our flesh and our heart may fail us, men may fail us, we may lose all our possessions but God is forever with us and He will hold us in the palm of His hands. He is our refuge and fortress, our strength and our eternal inheritance.

This Psalm 91 is one of my favourite Psalm. It is very comforting. May you find comfort in God and His Words daily too no matter what you are going through. If you have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, He is holding you tightly in the palm of His hands.

Psalm 91

1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.


♥ Thank God for this encouraging song "Eagle's Wing". May you be encouraged too that the Lord will raise you up on the Eagle's Wing in your difficult time.


On Eagle's Wings Lyrics

You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord,
Who abide in His shadow for life,
Say to the Lord, "My Refuge,
My Rock in Whom I trust."

And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.
The snare of the fowler will never capture you,
And famine will bring you no fear;
Under His Wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield.

And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.
You need not fear the terror of the night,
Nor the arrow that flies by day,
Though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.

And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.
For to His angels He's given a command,
To guard you in all of your ways,
Upon their hands they will bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.

And He will raise you up on eagle's wings,
Bear you on the breath of dawn,
Make you to shine like the sun,
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.
And hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Click here to see the video.

♥ I thank God for my family, my church, my friends and everyone of you, my dear blogging friends, and for your prayers and encouragements. They mean a lot to me.You have made a great difference in my life by your friendship and encouragements. I thank God for every one of you. May God may your visit here a blessed one too!

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment