Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Princely Lookalike

Did you ever look at the Saint and go, "Hmmm... he reminds me of someone..." Well, you might remember that SI.com thinks Sid looks like SNL comic Andy Samberg. (Hahahaha, SI.com also thinks Alex Ovechkin could double for the homely big dude that played Jaws from the James Bond movies!)

I can definitely buy that - especially when I put this picture of Sid next to this picture of Andy.

But good Friend of The Show Jan M. (the same one who supplies us with her sketches of Siddo) thinks Sid looks a bit more like royalty. She thinks our title man resembles Britain's Crown Prince William. Judge for yourself:

This is not a matched pair I would have thought of on my own, but MAN do they really look alike!!! Also: I'm sorry about the uneven sizes of these two photos; however, I couldn't not use that picture of Sid when I saw how closely it matched the picture Jan supplied of Prince William.

Is there anyone else (famous) out there that you think could be Sid's doppelgänger? Tell us what you think in the comments section below. Also, if anyone went to that "Look Like Sid" event at the Carson City Saloon, we need the details!!! :)

(A big thank you goes to Jan for the idea and the picture of Prince William.)

Now for TSCS's Quote of The Day:
Describing Americans' knowledge of hockey prior to the Miracle on Ice:

"People didn't know the difference between a blue line and a clothes line."

~ Al Michaels
(Click to enlarge for more detail.)

No comments:

Post a Comment