Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Birthplace of Hockey

A few days ago, Friend of The Show Katie S. sent in this picture that she snapped while on vacation in Cooperstown, New York:


Good Friend Pensgirl sent in the following pictures in response. She added:
So I have some companion pictures for the Cooperstown one you posted today... unfortunately I was in Windsor on Labour Day (which is the same day as Labor Day here) and the hockey museum was closed, so I didn't get to go inside.
First, let's have a look at exactly where in our world Windsor, Nova Scotia actually is located (image from Google Maps):


Now we'll take a look at Pensgirl's pics:







I missed posting this for Sid's birthday, but I thought I should now since maybe some of you didn't get to see this. Friend of The Show Cassie G. sent in this bar list from The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. With several adult beverage recipes such as The Penalty Shot, The Iceberg, and Sid's Special, I'm afraid it's only for all the LEGAL Friends, haha!

Even though most of this post has nothing to do with him, I figured I should post this picture to remind everyone that it's still Sid's Show. ;)

And now it's time for TSCS's Quote of The Day:
"Hockey's a funny game. You have to prove yourself every shift, every game. It's not up to anybody else. You have to take pride in yourself."

~ Paul Coffey



Big thank yous go out to Pensgirl and Cassie for their help with today's post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment