Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday : The Love of God











Ephesians 3

14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping! Thanks for your prayers and encouragements.

♥ Today I want to thank God for reminding me once again of His unfailing and enduring love in these recent months as I go through many challenges in my health, work, family, etc etc. I thank God that His grace is sufficient for me.

♥ I thank God for allowing me to experience His love by giving His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, to die on the cross to redeem me from sins. I thank God that He is my help and strength daily, and in Him is my hope and joy.

♥ I thank God for showing me His love in forgiving me of my sins daily. I am conscious of my many weaknesses and sins daily, and I thank God that with Him there is forgiveness of sins. As I go to Him for fresh strength and grace for each day, He has never failed to provide for my needs so that I can live for Him.

♥ I am thankful to God that I have the assurance of His love especially in tough times that He allows them for a purpose (Romans 8:28). I thank God for sanctifying me and enabling me to grow in Him at such times.

♥ I am thankful to God for the comfort of His Words and the joy of seeking Him in prayers and devotion daily.

♥ I thank God for showing me His love through my family, friends, church and blogging friends. I have been so greatly blessed by all of you and I thank God upon every remembrance of you. It is wonderful to read of how God is guiding and blessing you in your walk with our Lord and it encourages me in my walk with God too.

♥ I am thankful for this portion of a lovely hymn/poem which I like very much, “The Love of God”. It reminds me of the love of God which is immeasurable.

I love the way the love of God is being described as greater far than tongue or pen can ever tell. It is so true!

And even if we could fill all the ocean with ink and all the skies with parchment, and every one of us is scribe, to write the love of God above would still drain the ocean dry nor could the scroll contained the whole though stretched from sky to sky!

How true! The immeasurable depths and heights of God’s love! It has to be experienced to know what it means and even then we cannot fathom the whole of it!

The Love of God
The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell;...
Could we with ink the ocean fill,
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above,
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.
Chorus: O love of God, how rich and pure!
How measureless and strong!

It shall forevermore endure
The saints’ and angels’ song.


May you know God's love in very special ways today and everyday!

How about you? How has the Lord blessed you through the past week?

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a blessed and thankful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment