Friday, October 22, 2010

LICORICE: An Original Poem for Halloween

I'm posting late today due to computer problems. My computer is with the "geek squad" again--for the second time in one week. I had to borrow my husband's MacBook so I could post for Poetry Friday. It's so frustrating being without my computer. I hope I get it back soon. I can't get any writing done!

Here's a poem for Halloween from my unpublished poetry collection about candy--tentatively titled Sweet Dreams.


LICORICE
By Elaine Magliaro

I bite the licorice stick,
close my eyes and chew.
I taste...
Darkness,
A cold autumn night,
Shadows of black cats,
The flutter of witches' capes,
Ghosts wailing in a graveyard...
All the spooky flavors of Halloween.


**********

The Poetry Friday Roundup is at A Wrung Sponge this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment