Friday, February 26, 2010

MARCH: An Original Acrostic



I got a late start with my Poetry Friday plans. We had a wild wind and rainstorm here yesterday. I lost Internet access. Fortunately, I figured out how to get my wireless reconnected this morning by turning off all our computers, pulling out the connector to the router, and rebooting the modem. So relieved! I can't live without the Internet and email.

Now on to POETRY...

Last September, I was reading through all the acrostic poems that I had written. Several of them touched on the theme of spring. That gave me the idea to write a collection of spring acrostics that takes one through the season from March to June. The collection now contains twenty-one poems. It includes acrostics about the following subjects: hibernation, crocus, bud, sky, peeper, showers, puddles, mud, seeds, apple tree, pollen, nectar, and dragonfly. Some of the acrostics still need a bit of work.

As spring is waiting at the door and March is raring to go, I thought I’d post the first poem in the collection, which is tentatively titled Spring into Words: A Season in Acrostics.

Maybe I’ll
Arrive
Roaring like a lion and
Chase spring away with my frosty breath until I
Hear April purring in my ear.


********************

At Political Verses, I have a new post: Two Rhyming Verses for Creationists.

At Blue Rose Girls, I posted February Twilight by Sara Teasdale for my mother who turned 92 on Wednesday.

Jone has the Poetry Friday Roundup at Check It Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment