Wednesday, February 10, 2010

FAVORITE WEBSITE WEDNESDAY: So You Think You're Crafty

I'm a huge fan of reality shows.  Project Runway, Survivor, American Idol, Big Brother - you name it, I watch it.  I also love crafts.  Even if I can't pull some of projects off myself, I love to read about them and get inspired by them.  So when I stumbled up the fabulous blog So You Think You're Crafty, I was overwhelmed.  Crafts + eliminations = heaven in my book! 

Here's how it works.  Ten of the most creative crafters on the web have been selected to compete for 10 weeks creating 10 crafts.  Each week is a different theme, and the blog's readers vote for their favorite project.  The person who creates the week's winning craft provides a tutorial for how to make it, and the lowest vote getter is eliminated.  The catch is that you never knew whose craft you're voting for.  I read the blogs of a lot of the participants and I try to guess whose project is whose but I'm usually wrong which helps to keep things interesting. 

This is the second go round of So You Think You're Crafty and the second challenge is underway. The first week's theme required the crafters make something for themselves. The winner was this adorable wallet made from clothing tags by Kalleen from At Second Street.



Super impressive, right?  You can find the tutorial here.

This week's theme is Under $5 and you won't believe some of the amazing things the crafters came up with for next to nothing.  Like this great clutch bag made from an old men's tweed jacket.


This fantastic children's on-the-go book.


And this fun fabric alphabet set.


There are two days left to vote in this round so head on over to So You Think You're Crafty, check out the other entries and like Heidi Klum, Michael Kors or Nina Garcia, pick your favorite.  Because really, why should they have all the fun?

Images: So You Think You're Crafty

No comments:

Post a Comment