Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wait and See...

That's the approach I'm going to take regarding The Friends' Zone in light of the emergence of the identity of our Round 2 opponent.

While NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman was fulfilling the terms of his deal with Mephistopheles or whatever other unworldly demons with whom he undoubtedly made prior arrangements to secure this inevitable media juggernaut of a series, my thoughts immediately went straight to the issue of how I will regulate The Friends' Zone. Caps fans, after all, have been a PITA around here since before I even came on board. It hasn't just been the Caps' fans, either. (If you're not a longtime reader, click here to find out the real reason why I hate anything related to the hockey team based in our nation's capital.)

History is usually a good indication of what's to come, so there's a good chance it could get pretty ugly in The Friends' Zone.

"Bring it, Ovechkin."

But after being convinced by Friends of The Show Carlie and Jaime, I have decided to keep things completely open as they currently are. At the same time, I don't want to spend an entire playoff round worrying about anyone getting offended, so consider this fair warning: I will do my best to keep up with deleting the comments that violate TSCS policies, and in the meantime, I ask you to completely ignore any that you see. Just continue with your regular conversations, and I'll eventually delete ALL of the offensive stuff.

Now all that is out of the way, we can look forward to the start of this series on Saturday at 1:00pm. The Round 2 pep rally will be up before then.

DO IT.

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment