Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Pens v Devils

Hello again, Friends! Ugh, after spending the last two days updating operating systems and anti-virus definitions in preparations for the as-of-yet uneventful Cornpicker Conficker worm, I've about had it with computers right now. Since I'm posting early on this Wednesday game day, I figured I'd give you a few things to discuss in The Friends' Zone.

First thing on the docket: I've been getting TONS of emails about this Puck Daddy character. I've been trying really hard to ignore
this situation and not contribute to it by giving him the attention he so obviously seeks, but it seems that it's just not going to go away until I address it. Evidently his Sid hating is even getting to be a little extreme even for the Sid haters! Hmmm... Perhaps Mr. Daddy's girlfriend thinks our Siddo is more attractive than he is so he has taken to the 'net to vent his frustrations... :P

Seriously, though, I'm not going to get too worked up about this situation. All I'm going to say about it is this: Wyshynski writes for Yahoo! therefore it is a reasonable assumption that he is getting paid for his work. If you do not like it and do not agree with it, do not visit his site. Believe me, I do The Sidney Crosby Show for free, but I still have a site tracker - nearly every blogger worth his/her salt does - and you can bet your bottom dollar that Yahoo! monitors every click you make. More clicks = more cash in his pocket. If you want to hit him where it hurts, simply stop adding to the click counter.

"Puck Pappy who? Is he a rapper?"

So am I calling for a boycott? No - for two reasons. 1.) Because a boycott would take effort, and frankly, I don't care that much about blogs I don't like. Heck, since I started my new job in October, I haven't had time at all to read the blogs I enjoy, not even my favorite one, so I certainly won't waste my time on one that will only irritate me. And 2.) Officially calling for a boycott will only start a "blog war." I'm 31 years old. I'm waaaaay too old for "fighting" on the Internet.

Look, Wyshynski is entitled to his opinion and nothing we do will stop him from expressing it. (Let's face it - even if he wasn't paid to do it for Yahoo!, he could go back to Blogger and do it for free.) I'm just saying that this situation should be handled with the same method that we would like Caps fans to use when it comes to TSCS: if it's not your thing, then read something else.

Now on to more important things. Click here to view photos of our Boys waiting tables for Skates and Plates. My favorite one is the one of Saint Siddo serving the bottle of Mario Lemieux wine - that woman looks terrified. (Hahahaha!)

And HOLY FRICK round 1 playoff tickets go on sale next Tuesday. WOOOOOO!!! I'm going to try for a pair; however, there are only 2,000 tickets that are going to be made available. Wish me luck...

The Pens are hosting the Devils tonight. They've got 8 points on us, but no other team has been able to score enough goals to chase Martin Brodeur off the ice more than the Penguins.

LET'S GET MARTY OUT OF THAT NET ONE MORE TIME!!!

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment