Saturday, April 18, 2009

JACK: A Mask Poem





Reminder: Award-winning children’s poet, Kristine O’Connell George, and Little Dog invite children to celebrate National Poetry Month and the arrival of Melia and Sasha Obama’s dog Bo in the White House by sharing poetry about their favorite canine friends.


Read about it in the following Wild Rose Reader post:
Help Poet Kristine O'Connell George Welcome "Bo" to the White House with Poetry

You can also go directly to Little Dog Welcomes Bo to the White House! at Kristine O’Connell George’s website to find out more about sharing your own original mask poem in celebration of the new “first dog” coming to the White House.



********************

Here’s a mask poem I wrote from a Yellow Lab’s perspective. I wrote it about my daughter’s dog Jack who had his first birthday on April 13th.


JACK

I’m a dog. I’m frisky,
Friendly, snappy.
I like to make
My master happy.

I get his paper,
Lick his face.
I follow Master
Every place.

We take a long walk
Every day.
I never let him
Lose his way.


I sit, roll over,
Do cute tricks—
Beg for biscuits,
Go fetch sticks.

I always bark
To let him know
There’s someone’s at
The door. I show

Him true affection.
I DON'T pretend!
Why, I’m his very
Bestest friend.




********************


Some Pictures of Jack





P. S. The kitten's name is Rudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment