Friday, March 6, 2009

Small Graces: A Painting & A Poem

FYI: I was the lucky bidder who won the painting (seen below) that Grace Lin created for the Small Graces February auction.

Small Graces Painting for the February Auction

For Poetry Friday this week, I thought I'd post the "Small Graces" painting that will be auctioned off in March--along with an original poem that the painting inspired.


Standing on the sidewalk
listening to raindrops patter
on my polka-dotted umbrella.
The falling sky tap dances above me
in silvery shoes.
I hear the steady beat...beat...beat…
feel the rhythm of the rain.
My yellow-booted feet
want to waltz me down the street!


NOTE: The Small Graces auction for the March painting will begin on Monday, March 9, 2009. I will post a link to the auction page on Monday.

********************


And do check out my extensive list of Resources for National Poetry Month.

At Blue Rose Girls, I have the lyrics to The Last Resort, one of my favorite songs written by Glenn Frey and Don Henley of The Eagles. I also have a video of the band performing the song at a concert.


Anastasia Suen has the Poetry Friday Roundup at Picture Book of the Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment