Friday, October 10, 2008

Poetry Friday: Another Palinoem


I couldn't help myself again. Here is the third in my series of "Palinoems"--poems about Sarah Palin.

Innuendo…and More
Sarah Palin Stumpin’ Along on the Campaign Trail
by Elaine Magliaro

He pals around with terrorists!
He doesn’t love the USA.
He really isn’t one of US!
“Fer shur, fer shur,” that’s what I say.

His middle name’s Hussein, ya know.
How UN-American is that?
“Who is ‘that’ tall dark one?” you ask.
Why, he’s one black, elusive cat.

Who is Obama? Who is he?
He’s really not one of our kind!
He lived in Indonesia once…
Hawaii, too! Keep that in mind!

He won’t support our troops--oh no!
He’s not a patriot like me.
I’m just a down home country girl.
Heck, I’m a hockey mom, ya see.

Why, he’s elitist; I’m mainstream.
Ya know, I’m like the rest of you.
Gosh darn it, I’m no millionaire.
I know what y’all are goin’ through.

I’m a maverick reformer.
Oh, I’m a mighty Amazon.
My heels are on; my gloves are off.
I’m here to save the day for John.


********************


At Blue Rose Girls, I have a poem by James Weldon Johnson entitled The White Witch.

The Poetry Friday Roundup is at Picture Book of the Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment