Friday, October 17, 2008

Halloween Acrostics




I had really hoped to write a poem about "Joe the plumber" for today--but, alas, not all the “dirt” on this pseudo handyman has been unearthed yet. I must do more research before I can pen my Ode to Joe and His Plunger. So, instead, I wrote these two acrostic poems for Halloween.




Ghastly spirit
Hovering in dark corners of the
Old house it once inhabited…
Silent sentinel of the past
Torn between two worlds



Wicked, warty crone, dressed
In black, a peaked hat
Teetering on her head as she
Careens through the air on her broom cackling
Happy Halloween!


********************

At Blue Rose Girls, I have two poems for daughters--one by Naomi Shihab Nye and one by Minnesota poet James Lenfestey.

The Poetry Friday Roundup is at Becky’s Book Reviews.


********************

No comments:

Post a Comment