Homemade jams and jellies from That's My Jam! Cooked up in Brooklyn, each jar is made with organic and local ingredients and preservative-free. And the flavors are to die for! From Strawberry Rhubarb Jam:
And Grapefruit Marmalade:
To Habanero Jelly:
And Apple Butter:
There's something for everybody!
That's My Jam! began when Tux, a Brooklynite, was given 20 pounds of apples after a friend went a little crazy picking them in upstate New York. He made some apple butter and taught himself how to can it, and the results were so great that when his garden yielded way too many habanero chillies, he decided to use his new skills to create is his own jelly with them. Soon, friends were begging for his delicious concoctions and a business was born.
I can personally attest to just how yummy That's My Jam! is because Tux sent me three flavors to try out.
The Watermelon Jelly is a little slice of summertime in the dead of winter. It's got a subtle tang that made my mouth happy. And just look at the ingredients - it doesn't get any more natural than that!
The Pear & Ginger Jam is just as good but a totally different experience. It's richer and the little kick of spice from the ginger is divine. Tux suggests mixing it with some goat cheese, which I can only imagine would be a bit of heaven smeared on a bit of baguette.
Last is my personal favorite, the Vanilla Peach Jam.
If I had to choose two flavors I love the most, they would probably be vanilla and peach, so this combination made me do a happy dance. Spreading it on my morning bagel was like creating my own mini-peach cobbler, and believe me when I tell you that after sampling this, cream cheese won't ever cut it again.
Not only am I a fan of That's My Jam! but Gabrielle and Alaina are too. They've had Watermelon Jelly on their toast and Pear & Ginger Jam on bagels and there's barely a crumb left over afterward. They haven't had any of the Vanilla Peach Jam yet because I'm too greedy to share it.
I told Tux that after trying his jams and jellies, my taste buds wanted to thank him while my thighs were cursing him and his response was "Feel free to tell your thighs that there's no fat in jam, and that while there is sugar, it's much less and much more from whole fruit than the jams you find in the grocery store." That was all of the explanation I needed to help myself to some more!
Each 8 oz. jar is just $6, such a great value for something so good! Wrap a jar up in some cellophane and attach a gift tag (get some freebies over at out HOLIDAY FREEBIE FESTIVAL!) and it's ready to give. And just think of the cute messages you can use - "You're such a peach!" for the Vanilla Peach, "Something to Heat Up those Winter Days" for the Habanero Jelly or "A Gift that's as Sweet as You Are" for the Apple Butter. And why not keep a few jars wrapped and ready just in case someone gives you something you didn't expect? After all, there's nothing worse than getting caught empty handed! Now you know why That's My Jam! is one of our HOLIDAY GIFT PICKS.
Get your order in by Sunday, December 19th and you're guaranteed delivery by Christmas. And Tux has a little present for one of you too!
One lucky AFOMFT reader is going to in three jars of That's My Jam! To enter, visit That's My Jam! and post a comment here telling me which flavor sounds tastiest to you (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber.
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook
- "Like" That's My Jam! on Facebook and leave a comment that A Few of My Favorite Things sent you.
- Ask your friends to "like" AFOMFT on Facebook by sending them this link - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN - and post a comment here with the names of each one who does. You'll earn one entry per new friend who "likes" our page and names will be cross-checked.
- Follow AFOMFT on Twitter (@AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: It's the Holiday Happening on @AFOMFT! #Win three jars of homemade jams - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did - . You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog or post on Facebook about this giveaway with a link to this post (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and make sure your comments include a link to your status or blog post.
Please note that That's My Jam! sent me three jars of jelly and jam for the purpose of this review. No other compensation was received. The opinions I've shared of their product are my own and yours may differ.
Images: AFOMFT & That's My Jam!