So when Wee Squeak contacted me about doing a review of their footwear, I jumped at the chance. But when I started browsing their website, I realized there was a huge problem - it was almost impossible to choose just one pair. Should I pick these adorable Gladiator sandals?
With the end of summer just a month away, I decided I should go with something more practical. Maybe these funky orange tennis shoes?
Or these sassy Silver Sparkle boots?
After much debate, I opted to receive these Mary Janes, and once they arrived, I was really happy with my choice.
The colors are vibrant and will coordinate with almost everything in the girls' closet, and the construction was great.
So the Wee Squeaks were mama approved but what would the little ones think?
Here's the thing about the Wee Squeak line - they have little cushions built in to the heels so when your child takes a step, air gets squeezed through a nozzle and you hear a squeak. You're probably wondering why you'd want shoes to do that. The squeaks actually serve a few purposes. First, the noise helps you keep track of where your children are at all times. No more searching for them when they wander off at the park - the squeakers are like a built in baby lo-jack! Second, the squeaks show that your child is stepping properly from heel to toe. My girls went through a tippy toe phase where they wouldn't put their whole foot down while walking. If their Wee Squeaks aren't squeaking, they're not taking steps the way they should and you can address the issue. And third, the squeakers are just fun!
As soon as I pulled out the box with new shoes in them, Alaina went crazy. This kid LOVES shoes (hmmm, wonder where she gets that from?) and she couldn't wait to put them on. And boy, did they look cute!
Then she took a step. And a few more.
And she heard the squeaks and reacted like this:
She loved hearing the noises! She proceeded to do laps around our living room, just to hear herself squeak. Meanwhile, poor Gaby was left wondering why her shoes weren't making cool noises too.
I have to buy her a pair of Wee Squeaks ASAP or else I might have a riot on my hands! I've got my eye one these Peony Mary Janes that she can wear for her birthday.
Or maybe I'll go for the Pink Patent Bows instead.
There are just too many sweet options to choose from!
If you have boys, there are some super cute Wee Squeak styles for your little guys too. I love the Navy Cross design.
These Olive Suede numbers are perfect for fall.
And the camo sneakers are my absolute favorites.
Wee Squeak shoes come in sizes 3-12 and from my experience they run true to size. There's also a size chart on the site to help you pick a pair that's perfect for your child.
So the next time you're looking for well made and good looking footwear for your little ones, be sure to visit Wee Squeak. Not only will you love the shoes, but your kids will love the squeaks! But not to worry - if they start to annoy you or you need to go somewhere the noise wouldn't be appropriate, the squeakers are removable.
And one more thing to love? Wee Squeak donates 5% of their profits to Half the Sky so with every purchase you make, you'll be giving back too. Shoes with style and substance - can't go wrong with that!
Wee Squeak has graciously offered to give away one pair of shoes to a lucky AFOMFT reader! To enter, visit Wee Squeak and post a comment here telling me which shoes you'll choose if you win (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry (two if you've blogged about the giveaway) and make sure to include a link to your tweet, blog post, etc. All entries must be posted on AFOMFT as a direct comment to this post. Comments on Facebook will not count as entries. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. only and ends August 11th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and announced on AFOMFT on August 12th. If the winner doesn't contact AFOMFT within 48 hours, a new drawing will be held so be sure to check back to see if you've won!
- Subscribe to AFOMFT or let us know you are a subscriber
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook -- http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN
- "Like" Wee Squeak on Facebook
- Ask your friends to "like" AFOMFT on Facebook by sending them this link - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFTFBFAN - and post a comment here with the names of each one who does. You'll earn one entry per new friend who "likes" our page and names will be cross-checked.
- Sign up for the Wee Squeak newsletter
- Follow AFOMFT on Twitter (@AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: #Win a pair of Wee Squeak shoes for your little one from @AFOMFT - http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did - . You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Grab our button and put it on your blog or website and post a link here showing us.
- Blog about AFOMFT or this giveaway (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and post a link to the post.
Images: AFOMFT & Wee Squeak