Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Serenity Prayer : Living one day at a time

Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by!

Thank God for seeing us through another week. It's so good to be reminded on every Thursday to count my blessings and remember to give thanks and praise to God.

♥ I thank God that He gives me strength and grace sufficient for each day. Sometimes when I think of all the things I think I should do or need to do, and wonder how I am going to face the challenges ahead, it can rather overwhelming! I need to constantly remind myself to take just one day at a time and pace myself moderately. And no matter how badly I have done the previous day or what I have failed to accomplish, each day is a new beginning for me to walk with our Lord by His grace and strength.

My friend, Marja Bergen, wrote the following that really encourage and help me. Hope this quote will encourage you too as you go through all the challenges in your various callings, and through all the changing scenes in life.

"Each new day brings an opportunity to pick myself up
and move ahead. It's a fresh start, a clean slate.
The past is history.
Nothing that happened yesterday is so bad
that I can't leave it behind and,
at least for today, look to what is ahead.
I don't want to look way out to the distant future.
The next few hours are all that matter now."

Deuteronomy 33:25 ".....as thy days, so shall thy strength be."

♥ I thank God for the privilege of prayers that I can call upon the Lord daily. A friend of mine sent me this lovely Serenity Prayer. I need the grace from God to accept the things that I cannot change and the courage to change the things I can, and most of all the wisdom to do so! I need grace to live one day at a time and trust in the Lord fully no matter what happens.

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr



I created the simple cards and posters above. Please feel free to download and print for yourself or share with your family and friends to encourage them.

To download the above free poster or card to make simple poster or homemade cards:

1) Download the picture above:
- Put your cursor on the picture
- Right Click your mouse
- Saved the .jpg picture into your computer

2) Insert this picture into a Word Processor (such as MicroSoft Word) or any other software.

3) Use a color printer to print.

For more Free Posters and Homemade Cards, visit Free Homemade Cards and Posters with Encouraging Quotes.

For more Free Homemade Crafts such as Bookmarks and Calendars, visit the following websites:

♥ I thank God for my family, my church, my friends and everyone of you, my dear blogging friends, and for your prayers and encouragements. They mean a lot to me.You have made a great difference in my life by your friendship and encouragements. I thank God for every one of you. May God may your visit here a blessed one too!

To read more Thankful Thursday visit Iris

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment