Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Scenes from ALA

I traveled down to DC by train on Saturday. I arrived at Union Station around 3:15 pm. It was 100 degrees! Not exactly sightseeing weather. I went to my hotel room, relaxed, and waited for my roommates--Janet Wong and her mother--to arrive.

I call Janet my poetry adviser. She is always there to give me help and advice whenever I ask for it. In addition, she is one of my favorite people in the world. We always have good times when we're together.

Saturday evening Janet and I joined the rest of the Blue Rose Girls and some other folks at Busboys and Poets for dinner.


Here are some of the pictures I took while in DC:


At Busboys & Poets

Alex, Grace, & I

Janet & Alvina

At the Newbery/Caldecott Banquet

Grace & Alvina
Rebecca (Grace's agent), Grace, & Alvina
The Blue Rose Girls
From L to R
Anna Alter, Libby Koponen, Grace, Meghan McCarthy, Alvina, & I

One of the best parts of the "big event" was getting to meet some of my favorite kidlit bloggers in person. It was like greeting old friends. I was so excited! Grace also brought Joyce Sidman over to meet me. Grace knows how much I love Joyce's poetry.

Some of My Blogging Buddies
L to R
Pam Coughlan & Tanita Davis

Laura Salas, Kelly Fineman, & Sara Lewis Holmes

Here I am having a good laugh with Tanita Davis, Laura, & Kelly
Joyce Sidman (one of my poetry idols) with Kelly

Laura & I


And the Best Part of All:
Grace accepting her Newbery Honor Award!!!!!


P. S. The black dress I wore was perfect (You can see some pictures of it here). It was lightweight and comfortable. But the snazzy high heels I wore with it killed my feet. It's a good thing I brought some black sandals along with me. I put them on at the end of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment