Wednesday, June 9, 2010

God cares and provides for all our needs



Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by!

Thank God for seeing us through another week. It's so good to be reminded on every Thursday to count my blessings and remember to give thanks and praise to God.

♥ I am thankful to God for giving me much grace and strength daily. These 2 weeks have been very busy and tiring for me with various commitments. I am feeling rather tired these 2 days but am very thankful that He is giving me grace and strength each day. I need to remember to pace myself :)

♥ Thank you for your prayers for the 83 years old elderly lady, TAM, whom I shared about on my last 2 TT posts. She has been attending my church's evening services whenever she can. She has severe heart failure and may go any time. Some sisters-in-Christ and myself have been visiting her and sharing God's Words and love with her.

She has been having some relationship problems with her children who do not know the Lord and do not care for her as much as they should. Last week she was suicidal as her son has been causing her much problems and scolding her very badly. She was deeply grieved. Thank God that a Social Worker went down to visit her and managed to help her worked out some solutions to her various problems. The Social Worker will be meeting up with her children to counsel them as well.

Thank God that TAM is feeling so much better now. I just visited her yesterday. She is thankful to God for working things out for her. She is still grieved by her family situations but she is learning to cast her cares upon our Lord. It is heartening to hear her thanking our Lord and knowing sensibly that our Lord has protected her and provided for her. May she continue to cast all her cares upon our Lord and find peace and rest in Him.

♥ I am thankful to God that He takes care of us daily and provide for our every need. I am thankful especially that He takes care of the Widows like TAM and the Fatherless and provide for their every need. Even if their family members do not take care of them or even forsake them, God is able to provide for them. I am reminded of the way God took care of the widow in 1 King 17. This is my encouragement as I continue to serve our Lord among the poor and needy widows that come to my church's evening services. With God all things are possible!
A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation. Psalm 68:5

The LORD ... relieveth the fatherless and widow:.... Psalm 146:6

When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up. Psalm 27:10

1 Kings 17
10So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, behold, the widow woman was there gathering of sticks: and he called to her, and said, Fetch me, I pray thee, a little water in a vessel, that I may drink.  11And as she was going to fetch it, he called to her, and said, Bring me, I pray thee, a morsel of bread in thine hand.
 12And she said, As the LORD thy God liveth, I have not a cake, but an handful of meal in a barrel, and a little oil in a cruse: and, behold, I am gathering two sticks, that I may go in and dress it for me and my son, that we may eat it, and die.
 13And Elijah said unto her, Fear not; go and do as thou hast said: but make me thereof a little cake first, and bring it unto me, and after make for thee and for thy son.
 14For thus saith the LORD God of Israel, The barrel of meal shall not waste, neither shall the cruse of oil fail, until the day that the LORD sendeth rain upon the earth.
 15And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.
 16And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.
♥ I thank God for my family, my church, my friends and everyone of you, my dear blogging friends, and for your prayers and encouragements. They mean a lot to me.You have made a great difference in my life by your friendship and encouragements. I thank God for every one of you. May God may your visit here a blessed one too!




To read more Thankful Thursday visit Iris

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment