Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Who I am in Christ : Understanding my true significance in Christ

Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by! Thank God today is Thursday. Thursday always remind me to count my blessings and to thank God. I am learning to be thankful daily but to write about it and share with others, really helps me to remember God's goodness and mercies to me daily.

♥ I thank God for seeing me through another week. The last one week has been a very busy one for me as I took on some new freelance assignments. The income will really help me but I need to remember to pace myself moderately to avoid over-straining and over-stressing myself. I thank God for giving me strength, grace and wisdom daily.

♥ I thank God for saving me through our Lord Jesus Christ and giving me a new life in Him. Due to undiagnosed recurrent clinical depression over some 17 years, I have a lot of distorted views regarding God, myself and the Christian life. During depression my thoughts all turned negative and turned against me. This is mainly due to the chemical imbalance in the brain which caused my brain not able to function properly thereby affecting my thoughts and feelings. Partly also the enemy made used of such times to cast doubts into my mind about God, myself and the Christian life. I was often very confused. Due to the lack of understanding on the issue of clinical depression, many people around me have misjudged me and misunderstood that my depression was due to me being very weak, emotional and lack of faith in God. The enemy made used of them to discouraged me further. I was very discouraged by what they said but I also made the mistake of believing them. So these negative thoughts and negative self-image have been ingrained in me for some 17 years.

Thank God that after my diagnosis of bipolar, I realized that my condition is a medical condition just like asthma and diabetes and not due to a weakness in my character or a lack of faith in God. I need to trust that God has a purpose in allowing me to have this condition, and allowing me to go through 17 confusing years, and He is working all things for His glory and my good even out of all these. In order to do that, one of the most important thing I have to do is to understand afresh my true identity in Christ. I need to know afresh that God loves me and I am of value to Him. It is true that I am a sinner with many sins, weakness and failures, but God loves me, I am precious to Him and I am valuable to Him because He sent His Son to die on the cross for me and He has redeemed me. It is precisely because I am a sinner that I can find salvation in Christ. He has been doing a wonderful work of grace in my soul ever since the day He saved me though I was not sensible of it due to recurrent depression. The many prolonged severe depression caused me to remember mostly only the negative thoughts and experiences. I need to understand afresh God's love for me and my true worth in Him, and find meaning once again in my new life in Christ. The Lord in His mercies has been helping me over the last 3 years to do so and I found that as He lead me step by step to understand His great love and mercies, I have grown to love Him more than I ever did. It is so important to have a right understanding of our identity in Christ and to fight against those wrong notions that threatens to draw us away from God daily.

♥ I thank God for a friend who sent me this encouraging list of reminders on Who I am in Christ.
Who I am in Christ
I am accepted...

I am God's child.
As a disciple, I am a friend of Jesus Christ.
I have been justified.
I am united with the Lord, and I am one with Him in spirit.
I have been bought with a price and I belong to God.
I am a member of Christ's body.
I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child.
I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins.
I am complete in Christ.
I have direct access to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ.



I am secure...
I am free from condemnation.
I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances.
I am free from any condemnation brought against me and I cannot be separated from the love of God.
I have been established, anointed and sealed by God.
I am hidden with Christ in God.
I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me.
I am a citizen of heaven.
I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind.
I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me.


I am significant...
I am a branch of Jesus Christ, the true vine, and a channel of His life.
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit.
I am God's temple.
I am a minister of reconciliation for God.
I am seated with Jesus Christ in the heavenly realm.
I am God's workmanship.
I may approach God with freedom and confidence.
I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

♥ Thank God for this video with these encouraging verses:




♥ I thank God for my family, my church and all my friends, who love me, pray for me and accept me.

I thank God for everyone of you, my dear blogging friends, and for your prayers and encouragements. They mean a lot to me.You have made a great difference in my life by your friendship and encouragements. I thank God for every one of you. May God may your visit here a blessed one too!

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment