Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful to God for my mother....



Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by. I thank God for seeing me through another week.

I thank God for giving me a loving family and God's many mercies to us.

Today is my mum's 70th birthday! My 2 brothers and 1 sister, together with their family, are back from oversesas to celebrate my mum's birthday. It is such a rare occasion and a very happy one for all of us. Due to being in different countries and their family and work commitments, my siblings have not been able to return at the same time in past years. So today we are all very happy and excited at this wonderful reunion! Thank God for giving us such a precious time.

I thank God for giving me a very caring mother. She took very good care of me and my 3 siblings since we were young. She is a wonderful cook and she manages all the housework in our home very well. She loves all of us very much. She is especially delighted to see her grandchildren (my sister's children).

Ever since my siblings all went overseas, my mum and I have been able to develop a closer relationship. I thank God for giving me grace to take care of her. She has many health problems and is getting weaker as she ages.

Thank God for using her to care for me too whenever I am unwell. She will cook for me and ensure that I eat no matter how sick I am. Sometimes I am so busy that I forget about meal time or rest. She will prompt me and sometimes "nag" at me to take my meals and breaks :-)

I pray that she may see Christ through my life and my love for her. She is still not a believer. Please pray together with me for her salvation. I hope one day she too will come to know the love of God and His mercies.

I thank God for all you, my dear blogging friends and visitors. It is a tremendous blessing to know all of you and to read of God's goodness and mercies to you. Thank you for the many precious lessons you are teaching me and the blessing of just knowing you. I just read Janet's thanksgiving post. Very encouraging. Do go over and read if you can and be encouraged by it.



Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment