Thursday, November 19, 2009

Resting in God's love.....



Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by.

♥ I thank God for seeing me through another week. Today is Thursday. I am reminded to count my blessings and be thankful to God for His many mercies.

♥ I thank God for strengthening through the last 2 weeks. I have rather ill with persistent flu. Thank God that now I am feeling better. Thank God for the much needed time of rest, a refreshment for both my body and soul. I was able to spend more time with the Lord in reading of His Words, prayers and reflections.

♥ I thank God for reminding me that we are accepted by God and beloved by Him through what our Lord Jesus Christ has done in our life in saving us. No matter how weak or imperfect we are, how much we have failed, God's love for us remains unchanging. So I thank God that I can rest in His love.

Recently, I felt quite down when I think of the way bipolar disorder affected my life and my relationships with some people who do not understand me. Some things I did in my effort to serve our Lord has caused some misunderstandings with some people. I felt very discouraged. I felt like a broken vessel and unfit to serve the Lord with the limitations of this illness. In God's mercies, He sends me many encouragements through His Words, His people and various other ways.

The Lord especially encouraged me through a video of a testimony of a couple with 2 special needs children who were brought to know our Lord as their saviours through the severe trials in their life. In a futile effort to seek help for their two children with Down Syndrome, the couple was providentially led to borrow money from a Christian friend who invited them to go to church. When they went to church, their life were changed completely. They have always feel ashamed of having two disabled children but when they heard the Word of God sang and preached, they were moved by the love of God Who accepts them. Gradually they learned to accept and value their children despite the children's disabilities. They began to know the love of God and His many wonderful mercies in their life.

The Lord reminded me that He is in control. He makes no mistakes. Though He may allow us or our loved ones to be afflicted with paralysing diseases or  infirmities, He can still use us for His glory to accomplish His divine purposes. We are but an instrument in His mighty hands. Though broken  and unfit in and of ourselves, the Lord is able to use us as He deems fit. His grace is even more evident in our brokenness. I feel encouraged to continue to look to Him daily for the grace and strength  to live for His glory. May God make me useful in His kingdom despite my  infirmities.

This week, Iris shared about "life" and her dad's life. She said
My dad always used to say “You are unique. Only you can do the things God set you out to do”. I couldn’t agree more. Although there are people with the same skills you might have, but only YOU can do them a specific way.
I am reminded of my father who loves me very much. He always believed that I will do well. I am reminded too that I am unique and God has made me with a purpose, even with this bipolar disorder. There have been many blessings I experienced through this condition too and I must not let the negative things discouraged me. I pray God will give me grace and strength to be a blessing to others.

♥ I thank God for my family and my church.

♥ I thank God for everyone of  you and all my blogging friends. Thanks for all your prayers and encouragements through this blog and email. May God bless you all!

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment