Friday, May 8, 2009

All things work together for good...

Dear Friends,

Thank God for seeing us through another week. Thank you for stopping by and all your prayers, concerns and encouragements.

Thank God for strengthening me day by day. I have been very busy and tired over the last few months but thankful to be able to live each day for our Lord and serve Him. I am still learning to pace myself and manage my condition. Sometimes my mood swings up and down, but thank God that it is not like the 3 months dipped into severe depression like what I used to experience. So I am learning to live each day for our Lord and am finding much joy in it.

I have been very involved in the ministry of mercy in visiting some sick and elderly. It is a joy and privilege to extend God's love and kindness to His precious ones. Those that are dear to Him, are dear to me. I am greatly encouraged to see the many wonderful ways God are preserving His people, no matter what trials they go through in this world.

Today, I met a friend who told me that with the current worldwide economic crisis and the swine flu, most people she met are very depressing.

I am reminded, that we have a God Who is sovereignly in control of all things, Who loves us with an everlasting love and Who is mercifully working all things for His glory and our good. What a comfort!

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

To know that nothing hurts the godly, is a matter of comfort, but to be assured that ALL things which fall out shall co-operate for their good, that their crosses shall be turned into blessings, that showers of affliction water the withering root of their grace and make it flourish more, this may fill their hearts with joy till they run over.

"We know." It is not a matter wavering or doubtful. The apostle does not say, We hope, or conjecture, but it is like an article in our creed, WE KNOW that all things work for good.

Hence observe that the truth of the gospel are evident and infallible. A Christian may come not only merely to a vague opinion but to a certainty of what he holds. The Spirit of God imprints heavenly truths upon the heart as with the point of a diamond. We have arrived at a holy confidence.....

The result of this text is this : All the various dealings of God with his children do by a special providence turn to their good.

Taken from Thomas Watson's "All Things For Good".

Thank you for stopping by!

Thanks for your encouragement. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie


I took this photo at Hort Park, Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment