Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Max Talks About Semin and IFHSA™

We've got three Friends to thank for today's translations of Superstar's French RDS blog: Jessica, Alyse, and Rose. Today's installment comes from his November 4th entry. In it, he discusses my two least favorite players in the NHL:


I think Semin Is Jealous of Sidney

Our little trip of 4 games, that wasn’t started last time we talked, didn’t go as good as planned, but it did finish well.

It looked like we were to start the trip with a win against the Rangers. We had a 2 goals lead after 2 periods, we were really into it, but for a reason I don’t know, we started to slow down and let them catch us with only 8 seconds left in the 3rd period and then we lost in a shootout. It’s disappointing because we made the same mistake earlier in the season against Washington Capitals.

We then went in West America. In San Jose, we lost with only 11 shots on goal. Honestly, it wasn’t a good game from us. It was frustrating to watch the game from the Press gallery, I had to sit out this game because of a groin injury I got in New York.

It wasn’t a major injury and I was back with the team 2 days later in Phoenix. The fact that I was on the ice didn’t change anything and we lost for the 3rd time in a row. Honestly, I’m wondering how we weren’t good in those 2 games and I can’t seem to find an answer.

Before the last game of the trip, Michel Therrien told us to change the page in our head as well as on the calendar. October was finished and even if our statistics weren’t awful, we were still lucky to have a winning record, it was the time to start anew and keep up the good work.

His message came through and we finished the trip magnificently. We started being intense and our offensive line unfroze.

Our coach let us know that according to him, the last games were hard on our confidence, but I didn’t agree with him. Like I said, we still had a winning record and the guys kept their heads up. Remember we were on the same path last year. At Christmas, we were playing ,500 and it didn’t keep us from going to the Stanley cup finals. Let’s not panic.

I’m not the only one who came back with some minor injuries. Some of my teammates had to sit out some for a game or two because of that and some may think that what happen last year will happen again, but not me. For me, the past is the past and I’m not worried at all about the health of the guys. In a hockey team, everyone knows that the 22 guys may not be able to play all of the 82 games.

The infamous words of Alexander Semin

Alexander Semin shocked people will his recent comments about Sidney Crosby. According to him, Crosby is only a good player among others and he doesn’t understand why people give him more attention than any other famous players.

Want to know what I think? I think that Semin suffers from a lack of attention and that he is a little jealous of Sidney. [snoop: BOOYAH! So do I!!] It makes me laugh to think of Sidney’s talent won’t last or anything. I already talked about it. I practice with him every morning and to me, he is the best player in the world. I can compare him with any other player against whom I played: No one is that impressive.

I know the story got out here and there in the media, but here it’s not as big as you may think. After all, we’re in Pittsburgh, not in Montréal! We haven’t even talked about it in the locker room. Even Sidney didn’t react, I swear. I’m not surprised: Sidney is better than that, and he doesn’t have time to lose into those kinds of things.

In another team, it may be a reason to motivate the team, but I don’t think it’d be the case with us the next time we face the Capitals. With the duals between Crosby and Ovechkin, and the way Ovechkin and Evgeni Malkin fought last time, we don’t need more motivation.

I don’t know what Semin wanted with those comments. I’m not talking about his hockey skills, because he’s very good, but if he really meant what he said, we don’t see things the same way.

It’s not the end of the world in New Jersey

I learned at the time of my visit at RDS.ca that Martin Brodeur won’t play for 3 to 4 months.

It’s a hard time for the Devils even if I should enjoy that because it’s a team I play against, but I can’t take pleasure in it. I think it’s really sad for Martin, especially with the records he was looking for this season.

On the other hand, for those who think it’s the end of the Devils for this season, you’re wrong. The fact that Martin’s not there doesn’t mean they have nothing left. Ok it’s a big lost, because he is one of the best goalies in the league, but it doesn’t mean it’s the end for the team. They will fight and stay in the road for the playoffs.

Some think they won’t have a choice and will have to look for another number 1 goaltender somewhere in the league, but I don’t think like that. Look at us last year, we had to use our 3rd goalie, Ty Conklin, for a month and a half, and we still made it. It those kind of situation we have to let the others shine and hope they will. Sometimes, it’s the break an athlete needs to be back stronger.

I have no respect for Sean Avery

Just like me, you may have seen the latest misbehaviour of Sean Avery, last weekend against Boston. Not brilliant...

If only this guy could concentrate on playing hockey. I don’t have anything against what he’s there for and I know he’s not a bad hockey player. He can goal, he’s a good skater, he can fight and he can disturb the opponent. But it’s the vibe around him, the character he created for himself that makes me have no respect for him.

There are many reasons to hate this guy. Only this year, we saw him refusing to do an interview on camera with TSN (I’m sure you can find that on YouTube.com). [snoop: I actually looked for this clip on YouTube and could not find it. I found the link to the clip on TSN.ca, but the file has been removed. Please e-mail me or leave a tip in the comments if you know where to find it. :) Thanks!] He also said uncalled for things about Jarome Iginla, things that, I swear, made him the laughing stock of the league.

The NHL is like a big family and if you ask, a lot of players will tell you that Avery is not a part of this family. [snoop: Does this seriously shock anyone?!]

This guy is really a bad reputation. Even his teammates don’t like him! He always wants to be the centre of attention, it doesn’t matter how, and I have no respect for a person like that.

Last season, we played against him 8 times when he was with the Rangers and it’s obvious I have stories about him to tell. In the work-out before a game, he talks to you; he will say anything to make you less into it. Personally, I don’t talk to him when he talks to me.

I appreciated the fact the Mike Modano said out loud what we all thought. I talked about it with Darryl Sydor, who played with Modano in Dallas and still talks with his old teammates. [snoop: Um, yeeeaaahhh, I guess I've had this translation for a while... ;) ] When a guy like Modano takes the times to talk to the media about that, it’s because he’s had enough. I’m sure he thought about that before actually saying it.

Some thought his reaction was uncalled for, that he should have talked to him about it, but there are a lot of things we don’t know. We’re not in the locker room; we are not a part of the Stars. Maybe Modano tried to talk to him about that before and it didn’t work. On the outside, the fans don’t know everything that’s going on in a hockey team.


Merci beaucoup again to Jessica, Alyse, and Rose for their efforts. :) I've got Max's newest post ready to go for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment