Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Grace Abounding

Thank God for providing me a very unique opening in my very difficult job hunt. In my new job, I was assigned to work with a very kind engineer, Jack and his team.

By God’s merciful providence, due to the nature of the special project and the special team working on it, some of them were using one of the meeting rooms as their workplace. So I was asked to work on a laptop that was in that meeting room. I was so relieved that I need not work in the big office with the many staff! Thank God for knowing my needs and providing for it so wonderfully!

Thank God that my first day at work was a very pleasant one. I shared the room with a few other colleagues who are all very nice. I was taught how to use the special computer program. I was still depressed, and felt very tired and my concentration very limited. But thank God that as it was my first day, not much was expected of me and much time was spend on explaining the project, how I was to do data-entry, etc etc.

I was very tired at the end of the day but very thankful to God for grace and strength. I had to join the off office hour rush in the public transport on my way back. This is something I have not done for many years as I used to work only 5 to 6 hours a day and my hours are during mid morning to mid afternoon so that I missed the office hour rush. This is due to the kind consideration of my previous employer. Now I realized how blessed I was to have such a kind and considerate employer.

I was really thankful to God for seeing me through my first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment