Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Email 6 - 3 April 2007 : Thank God able to join public worship again

Dear Friends,
Thank God for His faithfulness. These few nights my sleep continue to improve and I am generally feeling a lot more “normal” and better. Phew, no more long emails from me! :-) Though I still wake up in the night, I am able to fall asleep again and able to get in total of about 6 to 7 hours of sleep compared to the 3 hours last week. So I am able to cope better with work and other challenges in my life. Thank and praise God! Thanks for your prayers for me.
I am especially thankful to God for enabling me to join the public worship again last Lord’s day, to partake of the Lord’s Supper and to fellowship with some brethren. Surely this is in answer to yours and our brethren’s prayers to God for me! It is sweet to be reminded afresh of Christ’s great love for us, His suffering for our sins to redeem us and His care upon us every day. May we live in humble dependence upon Him, yield our hearts and lives to Him, love and serve Him all the days of our lives.
Thank you for accepting me and continuing to treat me as a sister-in-Christ. Mental illnesses are generally stigmas in our society and sometimes even among Christians. I am thankful to God that you are very large-hearted and open-minded. You have not despised me but continue to accept me as a sister and pray for me. I felt very blessed by God to have the friendship of so many of His beloved people. I felt privilege to be cared in this way by God’s children. Surely these are tokens of God’s love and mercies to me. May God bless your kindness to this His unworthy child who is preserved by His grace alone. All praise and glory be to God!
May your Lord continue to bless and keep you and your family as you seek and serve Him together. May His joy be your strength always!
Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. Psalm 36:5
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. Lamentations 3:24
The Lord is my strength and song… Exodus 15:2a
In our Lord’s care,

No comments:

Post a Comment