Made from Tyvek, a recyclable material, Saky Sacks are machine washable and tear, stain and water resistant. Fellow moms, I know your ears just perked up! And while those are amazing characteristics, the two things I love most about these bags is how lightweight they are and how small they fold up. This is the Saky Weekend.
Saky Sacks are the perfect solution!
Rupa sent me a Saky Weekend so I could get a look at the bags firsthand. Here's what it looked like when it arrived, all cute and compact.
Here's the Weekend after being filled with lots of goodies with the girls.
And here's how my first attempt at re-folding it went. Not too shabby!
Since then, I've gotten it down pat - it's super simple thanks to the hand instructions that come with each bag.
I've tried lots of other "green" bags but none of them has been anywhere close to the quality of Saky Sacks. In addition to being easy to re-fold, the Weekend is so so lightweight, which is what you want if you're carrying around 25 pounds of stuff. The hardware is pretty and well fastened to the bag and the material is really strong. Whether I need to lug toys to the beach for the girls or just need to pack a quick bag for an overnight, I know which tote I'll be grabbing!
In addition to the Saky Weekend, there's the City Saky, which is smaller but can still tote up to 25 pounds.
As well as Sakccessories, two bags that clip to the larger bags and are ideal for your makeup, wallet, cell phones, etc,.
Saky Sacks start at $15 and go up to $25 so the price is right and there are lots of different patterns and designs to choose from. And although it probably won't be for quite a while, when your bag does finally wear out, it's completely recyclable. Good for the environment and good for your wallet. Does it get any better than that?
Actually it does because Rupa has offered to give away a City Saky in Mod Floral to a lucky AFOMFT reader!
To enter, please visit the Saky Sacks site and post a comment here telling me which Saky Sacks pattern is your favorite (this is mandatory). For additional entries:
Please leave a separate comment for each entry (two if you've blogged about the giveaway) and make sure to include a link to your tweet, blog post, etc. All entries must be posted on AFOMFT as a direct comment to this post. Comments on Facebook will not count as entries. This giveaway is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada and ends March 22nd at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected by random.org and announced on AFOMFT on March 23rd. If the winner does not contact AFOMFT within 48 hours, a new drawing will be held so be sure to check back to see if you've won!
- "Like" AFOMFT on Facebook
- "Like" Saky Sacks on Facebook and leave a comment that A Few of My Favorite Things sent you.
- Follow @sakysacks & AFOMFT on Twitter (@AFOMFT or click the birdie icon on the sidebar) and tweet this post by clicking the graphic above or this giveaway: #Win a fabulous green shopping tote from @sakysacks at @AFOMFT http://tinyurl.com/AFOMFT
- Click here - - to vote for AFOMFT on Top Baby Blogs and post a comment here that you did. You can vote once per day per computer so if you vote every day or on different computers, be sure to post one comment for each one.
- Blog or post on Facebook about this giveaway with a link to this post (worth 2 entries so please post two comments) and make sure your comments include a link to your status or blog post.
- Donate $10 to the Red Cross to help the relief efforts in Japan by texting REDCROSS to 90999 (the donation will be billed to your cell phone bill). (This is worth 5 entries so please post five separate comments saying that you made a donation)
And that's not all! Rupa is also offering readers of AFOMFT 25% off all purchases! Just enter code AFOMFT at Saky Sacks to get your discount. Happy shopping!
Please note that I was sent a Saky Weekend bag for the purpose of this review and giveaway. No other compensation was received. The opinions I've shared of this product are my own and yours may differ.
Images: Saky Sacks & AFOMFT