Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Peek at the Party Preparations

I promised to post some of the things I've been working on for Gabrielle and Alaina's birthday bash on Saturday so let's get to it!  I'm still plowing away at a lot of projects so I took a lot of these pictures quickly or with my phone so excuse the crappy quality.

First up, the invitations!  I worked with Adria and Maureen from Anders Ruff Custom Design for all of the graphic elements for the party and I cannot rave about them enough.  I had very specific ideas in my head of what I wanted and they managed to elevate my vision to an entirely new level.  I didn't have a specific theme in mind for the party but knew I wanted something with gingham and ric rac and the phrase "Peek-a-boo, Look who's two!"  You can see how Adria and Maureen incorporated the tagline and the other elements into the address labels, and I couldn't resist adding personalized photo stamps.


The return address  featured a layered flower that's one of the main graphics we're using throughout the party.


After e-mailing back and forth, we came up with the idea to play off of the "Peek-a-boo" idea by hiding the girls' picture and some of the party information with a 3-D element on the invitation.  This is what guests saw when they pulled it out of the envelope.


And here's in the invitation with the ribbon and flower removed.



I love the way they turned out!  It was truly a collaborative effort and the result was even better than I imagined.

When is comes to decorations, I'm going almost entirely DIY.  We've made tulle pom poms galore:


Ruffled crepe paper streamers:


Snack cups:


And my personal favorites, paper flowers:


My good friend Sara from Peanut & Pumpkin Designs made these fabulous shirts for the girls to wear and I think they match everything perfectly.



And last but not least, here's a look at some of the sweet treats that we'll be serving.  I ordered some custom cookies from the amazingly talented Ally at Girly Gatherings to match the party logos that Anders Ruff designed.  She sent me this preview of what she created yesterday and I nearly died from the cuteness.


Honestly, I don't even know if I can eat one of those, that's how much I adore them.  Luckily, I have lots more goodies planned for both the adults and the kids.

So there you have a little preview of what the festivities this weekend will entail.  I have to get back to my mile-long to do list but check back next week for even more details and pictures from the party!

Images: AFOMFT

No comments:

Post a Comment