Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Therapeutic Hobbies : Doing simple cross-stitch as gifts for friends

Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by.

♥ Thank God for seeing me through fruitful week! How times flies. It's Thursday again :) It has been a very busy week for me and I am tempted to skip posting but I am reminded that today is Thursday and it's good to share about God's goodness and mercies to me on Thankful Thursday :)


♥ I thank God for answering my prayers for one of the elderly grandma that comes to my church evening service. She is 85 years old and is suffering from severe heart failure. She also has some dementia. She has been forgetting to take her medicine on and off and so she began to show early symptom of possible relapse of heart failure as water begins to retain in her body, and on her legs and ankles specifically. Due to weak heart, she has problem flushing out the water from her body and the medicine helps her to do so. I have been visiting her together with another sister in Christ and reminding her to take her medicine. Thank God that yesterday she seemed so much better and she has remembered to take all her medicine! Due to dementia, she has problem remembering many things she heard in the church about the Gospel and our Lord Jesus Christ. But thank God yesterday she told me that every morning when she wakes up, she does remember to thank our Lord. She will say, "Lord Jesus, thank you". Although it is a very short prayer, I am encouraged :) Thank God!

♥  Thank God for giving me the joy of doing some cross-stitch recently. I love to do cross-stitch as it is very relaxing and it helps me to develop patience :) I have been making cross-stitch bookmarks for some of my friends. I love to sew some simple Bible verses and make a small bookmark for them.
 




This is one of the first cross-stitch I sewed when I first learn how to do cross-stitch about 20 years ago.



Recently, I sewed this small bookmark for my friends.


 This is another bookmark I like to sew as a gift for my friend.


Sometimes, I like to sew my friends' name of the bookmark to personalize it for them.


This is one of my favourite cross-stitch designs. I like to sew this as a gift for my friend and sometimes I use different Bible verses to suit their needs. After I sewed this cross-stitch, I usually frame it up with a simple frame. I have found many free cross-stitch resources on the internet. For some free cross-stitch resources, visit Free Cross-stitch Resources : http://cross-stitch-resource.blogspot.com/.

♥ I thank God for my family, my church, my friends and everyone of you, my dear blogging friends, and for your prayers and encouragements. They mean a lot to me.You have made a great difference in my life by your friendship and encouragements. I thank God for every one of you. May God may your visit here a blessed one too!




What are you thankful for today? Thankful Thursday is hosted by Lynn. Thanks, Lynn! Do visit the other participants and be encouraged by their thanksgiving to God too.

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment