Thursday, October 15, 2009

Entitlements or Riches : Joy through serving...



Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by.

♥ Thank God for seeing me through another week. I am learning to rest in our Lord daily and find my help and strength in Him.

♥ Thank God today is Thursday! I am always reminded on Thursday to count my blessings and be thankful to God :-) So I thank God for helping me to learn to be more thankful through the participation on Thankful Thursday.

♥ Today Lynn shared about Entitlements or Riches for her Thankful Thursday post. I thank God for the precious reminder she is sharing with us. She wrote:

"I think sometimes it takes us a lifetime to realize we are truly entitled to very little. Entitlement mentality leads to expectations. Unmet expectations lead to disappointment which leads further down the slippery slope to frustration, anger, bitterness…..Sometimes we can become overwhelmed with our current circumstances and forget the riches right before our eyes. I have found one sure fire way to pull your entitlement mind into proper perspective, God's perspective. SERVE"

♥ I am thankful to God, that like Lynn, I too have found it very fulfilling and helpful to help me think in the proper perspective by serving our Lord and His people. When I first started this blog, my motivation was to share God's goodness and mercies to me in my endeavour to understand and manage bipolar disorder and depression. I am thankful to God that He has been using this blog to help others who are struggling with depression and bipolar disorder, and even other chronic illness or sufferings.

♥ I am thankful to God that by reaching out to others who are suffering through this blog, the Lord has also enabled many people to encourage me in my walk with Him and in my endeavour to manage my illness. Thank God for all your prayers and encouragements.

♥ I am thankful to God that I can serve Him by visiting the sick and elderly in my church. Since last December, a group of church friends and myself have been able to visit some of the elderly and sick people every week. We have found much joy in sharing Christ and God's love with them.

♥ I just visited a friend who is severely depressed. It is very painful to see him sufferings in this way. I have been through so many severe depression episodes before and I know by experience how distressing that can be. I am thankful to God that He is able to deliver us from our deepest depths. I will continue to pray for my friend daily and trust that God will deliver him in His time.

♥ I am thankful to God for sending our Lord Jesus Christ to die on the cross to redeem me of my sins. I do not deserve God's love and kindness but God has shown such great love for me. I pray that I may be able to live gratefully and joyfully for Him daily, and give of my life and my energy to serve Him.

♥ I thank God for loving me and giving me family, friends, church brethren and blogging friends that care for me. I thank God for every one of you. May God bless you abundantly!

What are you thankful for today? Thankful Thursday is hosted by Lynn. Thanks, Lynn! Do visit the other participants and be encouraged by their thanksgiving to God too.

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment