Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Count your blessings : Learning to love with a God's love...

 I took this picture at Sentosa Island, Singapore

Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by and all your encouragements.

This week Lynn encouraged us to count our blessings and name them one by one. Truly God has blessed us in many wonderful ways. Here's my thankful list of God's mercies and blessings through the week.

♥ Thank God for seeing me through another week. Last week was a very tough week for me and I am thankful to God that this week I am feeling better. Thanks for your prayers!

♥ Last week in the midst of many difficulties, the Lord was helping me to learn to be more patient. I am learning to wait patiently upon Him to work His wills according to His timing and means. Waiting can be very difficult, but God is giving me grace. I am learning to pray and commit all things unto our gracious and merciful Heavenly Father Who is in total control. I am also learning to be more patient with myself and with others around me. I am reminded that Love is patient, Love is kind.


♥ Thank God for teaching me little by little what it means to have true Christian love for His people and others around me. I know I failed in many ways but I am motivated by the Word of God to look to God afresh for the grace to love others with His love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (KJV)

4 Charity suffereth long,
and is kind;
charity envieth not;
charity vaunteth not itself,
is not puffed up,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly,
seeketh not her own,
is not easily provoked,
thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity,
but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things,
believeth all things,
hopeth all things,
endureth all things.
8 Charity never faileth:

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (NIV)

4 Love is patient,
love is kind.
It does not envy,
it does not boast,
it is not proud.
5 It is not rude,
it is not self-seeking,
it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects,
always trusts,
always hopes,
always perseveres.
8 Love never fails.
♥ Thank you for your prayers for my brother. Thank God for His mercies that he is recovering day by day. May God continue to be merciful to him.

♥ Thank God that my church aunty who was hospitalized has been discharged and is recuperating at home.

♥ Thank God for my family.

♥ Thank God for my church friends.

♥ Thank God for my blogging friends. I thank God for everyone of you. Thanks for your prayers and encouragements. I am greatly blessed by your friendship and kindness. Hope your visit here is a blessed experience too!
 


Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment