Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.... Isaiah 1:18

White as snow...




My friend, Jennifer, took this lovely picture.
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18



Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by!

Do you still remember Madam TAM, the 83 years old elderly lady, whom I shared with you sometime back? Thank you for your prayers for her.

♥  Thank and praise God that she has just been baptised last Lord's day evening in my church!


Madam TAM being baptised by my Pastor


Madam TAM first came to my church's evening service about 5 years ago when my church went tracting in our church's neighbourhood. She was among one of those who stays in a one-room flat, a  small rental apartment usually stayed by destitute and poor elderly people. Ever since then she attended my church evening services on and off, whenever she can.

Madam TAM has been very sickly over the last 2 years with severe heart failure and she went through many trials with her health and difficult family situations. She also suffered from geriatric depression and was suicidal at one point of time.

God in His mercies led my church to closer contact with her over the last 2 years and He gave her many opportunities to hear the Gospel and to know His love and kindness in many wonderful ways. She found comfort in His love and His presence with her. She nearly died of heart failure in 4 hospitalizations in early 2009 and she nearly died of heart failure again in early this month (February 2011) but God graciously preserved her life once again.

In our Lord's mercies and faithfulness He has led her to put her complete trust in Him over the years and to testify of her faith through baptism. Praise Him!

Although Madam TAM does not know many deep doctrine or remember them, she has simple child like faith. She is thankful to God for His goodness and mercies to her. She prays and asks the Lord to be with her especially when she goes out and to bring her safely home. It is heartening to hear her thanking our Lord and knowing sensibly that our Lord has protected her and provided for her. Please continue to pray that she will grow in her knowledge, faith and love for our Lord. May our Lord also increase her peace, joy and comfort daily.  

God's goodness and mercies to Madam TAM is an encouragement to me and my brethren as we serve God at home, work, church, reaching out to lost souls and our beloved ones. May it be your encouragement too as you serve our Lord.

♥  I thank God that He gives me the joy and opportunities to serve Him in little ways like these in visiting the sick and elderly, despite my bipolar condition. It gives me a reason to wake up every morning, a sense of usefulness to know that I can be used by God as an instrument to contribute to the well-being of others and be useful in God's kingdom despite my many limitations and failures.

♥ I thank God for all of you, for your prayers and encouragements. You are in my thoughts and prayers too.

Take care and have a blessed week!

Warm regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment