Friday, February 25, 2011

Spider Speaks: An Original Animal Mask Poem


I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a week. I've been busy getting things organized for my mother's 93rd birthday party!


Here's a picture I took of my mother
and my cousin Joyce
at my daughter's wedding last July.
Happy Birthday, Mom!!!

In addition, I'm now a regular guest blogger at Jonathan Turley's law blog (I post there every weekend). I'm sure that most people who frequent Wild Rose Reader know that I'm a poetry junkie. I'm also a political junkie. I try to keep my poetry blogging and my political blogging separate--so let me just say I'd been busy doing research for a couple of my Turley "Blawg" posts. I will tell you that I've been very interested in what has been going on in Wisconsin and I try to read everything I can on the subject--as well as watch news updates on the situation in that state. I'm a former teacher. I stand with the union demonstrators in Madison.


I didn't have much time this week to write poetry or to do any poetry book reviews--so I'm posting Spider Speaks--which I wrote for a collection of animal masks poems that is still unpublished.


SPIDER SPEAKS

I’M a spinner.
I’M a weaver.
I’M a clever bug deceiver.

Of silver silk
I build my snare
And clueless insects blunder there.

I’m crafty, sly.
I use my head…
And yards and yards of sticky thread!
***************
Sara Lewis Holmes has the Poetry Friday Roundup at Read Write Believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment