Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy July 4th, Friends

Greetings, my Friends!!! Happy Independence Day!



Ugh! It feels like I've been away for a year. :( The big project is finally done. Actually, it was done a few days ago, but woodstock and I found ourselves with a temporary house guest this week as a very dear friend of ours needed a place to stay following the breakup of his marriage. But he's now in an apartment of his own, and I'm all caught up at work.

Friend of The Show Jon sent in this next picture. I'll let him explain:
On Sunday June 21, there was a pro wrestling Pay-Per-View event in Detroit. The event was TNA (Total Nonstop Action) Wresting's annual Slammiversary. The main event was a "King of the Mountain" match featuring Kurt Angle. He is an Olympic gold medalist for the USA in the 1994 Summer Olympics. He then became a pro wrestler in the WWE (formerly the WWF). Anyway, he is a native of the Burgh. When he was announced, he came down the entrance ramp wearing a Crosby jersey. This obviously got a lot of boos from the Detroit crowd. It really made me laugh.

Kurt Angle knows what's up. ;)

Okay, so I missed blogging about the Free Agency Frenzy. I'll just quickly say that I'm really bummed about losing Hal Gill and Rob Scuderi. I'd just like to send out many thanks to both of them for their roles over the past few seasons which ultimately took us to the Cup. On the bright side, we've got Guerin, Adams, and Feds for at least another year and that makes me happy. But I have to tell you honestly that I'm not really worried about losing some of the guys because Shero has proven that he is absolutely brilliant when it comes to filling in the pieces of the puzzle. As long as we've got 87, 71, 29, 11, and 25, we're good to go. :)

Two quick updates for those of you who've been asking:
  1. My Gram is not doing so well. She called my Mom the other day and said she needed a ride and that she was in a town that, well, she hasn't been in for a number of years. I have no idea what's going on there. The doctors said it could be an imbalance with her medication, so keep your fingers crossed. As it stands, I am now starting to believe she will likely never leave the home to return to the family farm. I hope I'm wrong.

  2. Baylee is doing really, really well. :) He's going up and down stairs again, even though it takes him about 5 minutes to make the journey up. He takes a step, then takes a break. But he must be feeling better because he's following me around everywhere (even into the bathroom!) like he did when he was a puppy. Because of the medicine, he's hungry all the time. All. The. TIME. Every time we go into the kitchen he thinks he should be getting a Thanksgiving dinner. It's hilarious. We went from practically begging him to finish his supper to now having to be extremely careful not to overfeed him. I'm so happy that he's responding to the medicine so well. :)
I'll leave you with this a treat from Good Friend of The Show and Cole Harbour resident Bill ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶. He sent in a great shot of the updated "Welcome to Cole Harbour" sign:

Click to enlarge for a supersized version.

Many, many thanks to Jon and Bill ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ for sharing their photos with us. Have a great and SAFE holiday, everyone!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment