Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christ's intercessory prayers


























(I took this photo of the Orchid flower at a Flower exhibition in Singapore.This flower’s actual name is Vanda Miss Joaquim.It was said to be first discovered in the garden of Miss Agnes Joaquim in Singapore in 1893. On 15 April 1981, this flower was chosen as the national flower of Singapore.)
Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by my combined Word-Filled Wednesday and Thankful Thursday post. (This post was originally posted on Monday.)

♥ Thank God for seeing us through another week. Trust you have had a very restful and blessed weekend and Lord's day.

♥ Thank God for blessing my time of worship, fellowship and serving our Lord together with my brethren in church.

♥ Thank God for granting a few of my church friends and I the joy and opportunity of visiting some elderly members and parents in hospital and at home. It is a joy to see them trusting in the Lord despite their infirmities. There were also opportunities to share the Gospel with those who have yet to know our Lord Jesus Christ.

♥ Recently, I read CH Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, and greatly encouraged by the reminder that our Lord Jesus Christ is praying for us and interceding for us even as we seek to walk with Him in ways that well pleasing to Him.

In this life, we experience various ups and downs. We are sinners saved by grace living in an imperfect world. It is encouraging to remember that our Lord is with us always to give us grace and strength to walk with Him and serve Him. And He is our intercessor before our Heavenly Father's throne of grace daily. Nothing can happen to us without God's knowledge and consent. God in His mercies, is working all things for His glory and our good (Romans 8:28).

Let us persevere in prayers and walking with our Lord and serve Him, knowing that He loves us and is ever interceding for us that we may live for His glory.

Hope the following devotional thoughts from Spurgeon will encourage you too that our Lord Jesus Christ is interceding for you as you trust in Him.

“I have prayed for thee.”
Luke 22:32

HOW encouraging is the thought of the Redeemer’s never- ceasing intercession for us. When we pray, He pleads for us; and when we are not praying, He is advocating our cause, and by His supplications shielding us from unseen dangers.

Notice the word of comfort addressed to Peter—“Simon, Simon, Satan hath desired to have you that he may sift you as wheat; but”—what? “But go and pray for yourself.” That would be good advice, but it is not so written. Neither does he say, “But I will keep you watchful, and so you shall be preserved.” That were a great blessing. No, it is, “But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not.”

We little know what we owe to our Saviour’s prayers. When we reach the hill-tops of heaven, and look back upon all the way whereby the Lord our God hath led us, how we shall praise Him who, before the eternal throne, undid the mischief which Satan was doing upon earth.

How shall we thank Him because He never held His peace, but day and night pointed to the wounds upon His hands, and carried our names upon His breastplate! Even before Satan had begun to tempt, Jesus had forestalled him and entered a plea in heaven. Mercy outruns malice.

Mark, He does not say, “Satan hath sifted you, and therefore I will pray,” but “Satan hath desired to have you.” He checks Satan even in his very desire, and nips it in the bud.

He does not say, “But I have desired to pray for you.” No, but “I have prayed for you: I have done it already; I have gone to court and entered a counterplea even before an accusation is made.”

O Jesus, what a comfort it is, that Thou hast pleaded our cause against our unseen enemies; countermined their mines, and unmasked their ambushes.

Here is a matter for joy, gratitude, hope, and confidence.

(Taken from CH Spurgeon's Morning and Evening, 11 January, Evening)
♥ Thank God for providing my family, church brethren and blogging friends who continue to care and encourage me in many ways.

♥ I am thankful to God once again for all of you, my dear blogging friends and visitors. I have been so greatly blessed by all of you and I thank God upon every remembrance of you. It is wonderful to read of how God is guiding and blessing you in your walk with our Lord and it encourages me in my walk with God too. Thanks again for your prayers and encouragements.

Thanks for stopping by. Take care and have a great week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment