Wednesday, January 20, 2010

God is our Refuge and Strength.... Psalm 46:1

Dear Friends,

How are you?

Thank God for seeing us through another week. How time flies! It's almost a month has gone by in year 2010!

I am thankful to God for strengthening me day by day. I am still learning to pace myself. My health fluctuates from time to time, and I am learning to rest in our Lord and His grace and strength daily.

Thank God that recently He strengthens me and enable me once again to visit some sick and elderly people who come to my church or who are home-bound. It is always a joy to visit these dear grandpa and grandma, to see their faith in the Lord and to encourage them to continue to look to God. Thank God for giving me the joy of walking with Him and serving Him in little ways like these.

I have also been kept very occupied with some freelance work to earn a living. Been also helping my church with some volunteer work besides caring for my mother.

The Chinese New Year is coming soon in Singapore on the 14th of February. It is the first day of the Chinese Calendar. The Chinese has our own Calendar and New Year. One of my brothers will be coming from overseas to visit my mum and I. So will my sister and her family. I am looking forward to see them again. They are all non-believers. Please pray with me for their salvation. Thank you.

Thank God that He is our Refuge and Strength daily and He has promised that He will never leave us nor forsake us. No matter what we go through in this life, we can have the blessed assurance of His love and His presence with us. And He in His mercies and faithfulness is working all things for His glory and our good.

I am thankful that through this bipolar disorder illness, God has given me the gift and talent to serve Him whenever I am well or a little manic. I have more energy and are more creative. This blog is one of the result of my manic. I build this blog about 2 years ago when I was recovering from a relapse of severe depression and was becoming a little manic.

Now I am not able to blog as regularly as in time past due to my various commitments. But this blog has been a great blessing to me not only in allowing me to share my journey of walking with our Lord and coping with bipolar disorder and other challenges in my life, but also it has enabled me to help others or their loved ones who are struggling with depression or bipolar disorder. Another great blessing is to get to know so many of you who loves God and are seeking to walk with Him despite whatever afflictions, trials or chronic illness you are going through. Your friendship and prayers have been such blessings to me, and I am learning so much from all of you, especially how to be thankful in everything as we are under the care of such a Great God.

Thank you for stopping by. I took this picture at East Coast Beach, Singapore. These are 2 of my favourite Bible verses. Hope you like it too.


God is our refuge and strength....Psalm 46:1

....for He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5
What are you thankful for today? Thankful Thursday is hosted by Lynn. Thanks, Lynn! Do visit the other participants and be encouraged by their thanksgiving to God too.

Thanks for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment