Thursday, December 25, 2008

Chameleon: An Original Rhyming Acrostic Poem



I have written a few dozen acrostic poems. There's no particular theme to the collection. I just like playing around with words that pop into my head at any given moment: shadow, unicorn, seeds, nest, Pluto, moon, asteroids, cocoon, cars, lilacs, wreath, mouse, spider, willow, grass. Sometimes, I like the challenge of writing acrostic poems that rhyme. Here's a rhyming acrostic about the chameleon that I wrote a few years ago:


Chameleon
by Elaine Magliaro



Changes suits to suit

His locus. Abracadabra! Hocus-pocus! He’s

A clever

Master of disguise…a trickster who can fool the

Eyes! This

Lizard with a fashion flair takes his wardrobe

Everywhere. Predators don’t stop

Or stare.

No one even knows he’s there.






********************
At Blue Rose Girls, I have a poem by Naomi Shihab Nye entitled Snow.



Tricia has the Poetry Friday Roundup at the Miss Rumphius Effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment