Thursday, July 17, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin!

The Penguins released the 2008-09 schedule!!! :) :) :) :) :) They'll open the season with two games in Sweden on October 4th and 5th, then make the long journey back across the pond to kick things off in Pittsburgh on October 11th against the New Jersey Devils.



Also this week, the NHL announced that New Year's Day 2009 will see Winter Classic 2.0. This time the Chicago Blackhawks will play host to Marian Hossa and the Detroit Red Wings at Wrigley Field. (Hmm - I know who I'll be cheering for...)

The home of the Chicago Cubs is going to get iced.

TO ANY FRIENDS WHO LOVE THE BLACKHAWKS OR [*ahem*] THE RED WINGS: Take it from me, you simply MUST at least try to get tickets. I promise you it will be worth every penny you spend on the trip. :D

Sid won the ESPY award for Best NHL Player again this year. I'm sure the Ovechkin camp will cry foul, and well, if Sid's and Alex's situations were reversed, I probably would, too...

ESPN gets it wrong - AGAIN.

Perhaps the Saint was on course to have a better season than Ovechkin up until 01-18-08, but the fact of the matter is that, due to his injury, Sid didn't have an opportunity to actually have that better season. And let's face it, Ovie had one HELLUVA season. He scored sixty-five goals this season. He was the top point scorer. I just don't know how that can go overlooked.

What do you think? Was Alex robbed?

UGH. The-Network-That-Hates-Hockey forced me to champion for Alexander Ovechkin, and now I have to go wash my mouth out with soap. DAMN YOU, ESPN!!!!!!

(Thanks to Ali W. and Allison Y. for the early heads up. The ESPYs air on television this Sunday at 9:00pm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment