Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Comfort from God's Words












In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul. Psalm 94:19
Iris has chosen the theme "His Words" for Thankful Thursday, reminding me afresh the preciousness of God's Words.

♥ I am thankful to God that in the multitude of my thoughts daily, God's Words comforts, strengthens and delights my soul.

♥ I am thankful to God that His Words guides me to live for Him and to do His will in every aspect of my life at home, in church, my relationships and friendships, at work, on my blogs, etc etc.

♥ I am thankful to God for using His Words to change me by and by, and the assurance that He is doing a deeper work in my soul daily for His glory. I am what I am by the grace of God!

♥ I am thankful to God for teaching me to challenge my negative thoughts with His Words and to change to more biblical thoughts and actions that is pleasing to Him. May God help me daily for I am weak but He is strong!

♥ I am thankful to God for the following portions of His Words from the Bible which has encouraged, strengthened and uplifted me when I remember God's Love.
  • The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3
  • ....I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. Hebrews 13:5
♥ I am thankful to God that He hears and answers our prayers, and He gives us peace as we trust in Him. He knows what is best for us! He has promised :
  • Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3
  • Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
♥ Thank God for a blessed time of fellowship this week with my 2 dear friends from Brunei and a sister-in-Christ from UK.

♥ Thank God for blessing me with a family, church and many friends who love God and love me.

♥ Thank God that this week my church can go for a Church Conference in Malaysia to listen to God's Words and to have a blessed time of fellowship. Although I couldn't join them because I am taking care of my mother, I remember them in prayer that God will bless them abundantly with His Words.

♥ Thank God for sustaining me daily as I continue to look to Him for strength, grace and joy to manage my bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness) and other challenges in my life daily so that I can live usefully for God and be a blessing to others.

♥ Thank God for strengthening my health as I continue to wait upon Him. Thank God for many who have prayed with and for me. Thanks!

♥ Thank God for opportunities, joy and strength to serve Him in little ways daily.

♥ Thank God that He is with us always and give us guidance, strength and joy through His Words as we look to Him each day.

♥ Thank God for all of you for stopping by, and for your prayers and encouragements. May God bless all of you with His love, peace and joy daily.

How about you? How has the Lord blessed you through the past week?

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a blessed and thankful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment