Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day by Day and with each passing moment, strength I find to meet my trials here

 I took this picture at Hort Park, Singapore.

.....as thy days, so shall thy strength be.
Deuteronomy 33:25

Dear Friends,

Thanks for stopping by!

Thank God for seeing us through another week. It's so good to be reminded on every Thursday to count my blessings and remember to give thanks and praise to God.

♥ I thank God for seeing me through a very busy week and enabling me to complete some work assignments. My medical expenses have increased recently after my doctor increased my medication due to recurrent depression. So I am so thankful that the Lord has provided more job assignments for me recently so that I can earn a little bit more income to cover my medical expenses. The Lord is good and He always provide for all our needs in many wonderful ways!

♥ Thank you for your prayers for the 83 years old elderly lady, TAM, whom I shared about on my TT post last week. She has been attending my church's evening services whenever she can. She has severe heart failure and may go any time. Some sisters-in-Christ and myself have been visiting her and sharing God's Words and love with her.

She has been having some relationship problems with her children who do not know the Lord and do not care for her as much as they should. Yesterday I spoke to the phone and found out that she is suicidal as her son has been causing her much problems and scolding her very badly. She is deeply grieved. I just visited her and she was very very down. She broke down in tears several time as she shared with me her griefs. She is very tempted to jump down from the 9th storey flat that she is staying at. I told her not to do so and encouraged her to cast her cares upon our Lord as He cares for her and He will work a way for her.

Thank God that tomorrow a Social Worker will be visiting her and I will be joining them in the counselling session to see what we can do to help her. Please pray with me that God will give the Social Worker wisdom to handle TAM's complicating family condition. The Social Worker is aware that TAM has been suffering from depression for a long time due to her family problem. She may look into the possibility of arranging for her to see a psychiatrist and perhaps start on anti-depressant.

As I was leaving today I was heartened that TAM thank our Lord and my church for our cares for her. She said without us she really doesn't know what to do. I encouraged her that we have a loving Heavenly Father Who watches over us daily. Even if our family members forsake us, He will never leave us nor forsake us and He will work a way for her in her difficulties. Thank God that she seems comforted by this. Please pray with me that these family problems may turn her more and more to our Lord to find comfort and peace in Him.

♥ I am thankful to God that I have a loving Heaven Father who watches over me daily and He gives me strength and grace for each day. Though Bipolar Disorder is a terrible illness and a lifelong condition, I can have the assurance that He is in control and He has a purpose for allowing me to have this illness. He cares for me and He is working all things for my good and His glory. He promised that His grace is sufficient for me and through all the ups and downs of Bipolar Disorder with its depression and mania, He is in fact drawing me closer to Himself to know more of His love, His mercies, His grace and His sufficiency. My life is not my own but to be lived for our Lord and I know that without Him I can do nothing. So I am daily learning to rest in Him and His love and precious promises.

♥ I am thankful for this poem and song that reminds me that I can look to my Heavenly Father day by day and He gives strength to face all the challenges here.

....as thy days, so shall thy strength be.
Deuteronomy 33:25

This is such a great comfort. It gives me the courage to press on daily relying upon God and His grace. To know He is near me daily and He will see me through all the challenges for that day, and in all that He allows me to go through I can be a witness and shine for Him. So I shall run with patience the race that He has set before me looking unto my Lord Jesus Christ, until the day that labours end here and He takes me home to be with Himself.
Day by Day Lyrics

1. Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find, to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He Whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best—
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

2. Every day, the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear, and cheer me,
He Whose Name is Counselor and Pow’r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.

3. Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E’er to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the promised land.



♥ I thank God for my family, my church, my friends and everyone of you, my dear blogging friends, and for your prayers and encouragements. They mean a lot to me.You have made a great difference in my life by your friendship and encouragements. I thank God for every one of you. May God may your visit here a blessed one too!

Thank you for stopping by. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm Regards,
Nancie

No comments:

Post a Comment